So which soap is next to be canceled?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ratings were much higher for soaps in the early part of the 90's, when AMC was consistently the #2 soap.

While ratings for AMC plummeted after the OJ trial, and DAYS and B&B were 2/3 for a while, if we were to average up all the yearly soap ratings from the 90's, AMC would beat DAYS for the overall decade.

• Members

Well Dena is doing a hell of a job tanking the show now. The show is at the bottom of the ratings and down in all other demos and Cordy sits around. I guess we will get The Plan to save Days 2011 version.

• Members

Dena had the show no 2 in house holds not that long ago. Corday will do something. Just you wait. The only bad thing Days is so far taped ahead which I think i a big mistake for when a new HW comes in. It's hard to say how far ahead they are written ahead if they are two months ahead in tape.

• Members

it doesnt need to rebound much. and honestly, nbc looks at seaso to date. when they hit a 1.6 in season to date demos, then it is more of a time to worry. besides, nbc pays so little into days now.

also, days benefits from having sony backing it. not that can that save it alone, but it helps.

that said, its most likely done in 2013.

• Members

I don't see how the thing with Natalia has anything to do with the show taping far ahead. It took TPTB three months to get rid of her and if they didn't tape far ahead it would have still taken them three months to get rid of her.

• Members

Let it be GH! I hate that show and as long as Guza is writing, it will keep tanking. There are probably 5 actors on it left that actually act so let it be cancelled and those 5 can find new jobs on primetime. GH is a cesspool. Its the one show I never see getting better, ever!

• Members

They fired her due to the backlash about how awful she is, how bad the story is, and her lack of chem with James. They were taped so far ahead that by the time she aired they already had three more months of her on screen. They promptly fired her though.

Budget, i guess. Because they are so far ahead and tape like 8 episodes a week they shut production down more and save money.

Archived