So which soap is next to be canceled?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not talking about the current ratings. When I say strong soaps I don't mean they are the best soaps at the moment.

With strong soaps I mean: Y&R have the most viewers. DAYS and GH have very passionate and loyal fanbases. B&B and DAYS are successful internationally. These are the most well-known soaps in the mainstream. They all have their own unique identities, while several of the now cancelled soaps were just bland.

• Members

Days maybe be last but it has ALWAYS rebounded. Say what you will about him, Corday does not sit around while writers tank his show. While Frons and P&G sat back and let you guys suffer, Corday was fighting. He's a fighter. He is not like Frons or P&G he will make cahnges when they are needed and I am betting one is coming up Now again how is Days lame? GL specifically tried REALLY hard to be Like Days under Rauch and Brown and Estsein with that Annie plot.

• Members

Not true. DAYS didn't do that until the mid-90's, when it hit the top of the ratings thanks to crap like possessed-Marlena and Carly-buried-alive. Ugh.

Meanwhile, OLTL (circa late 91-94) was airing some of the most literate drama ever to hit daytime--too good to be called "soap opera."

• Members

I want to know what makes people so sure that DAYS will "rebound" this time?

DAYS is one of the most boring things I can ever lay eyes on at the moment. True, not much damage is being done as compared to Y&R and the ABC soaps, but the show is an utter sleeping pill to me these days whenever I catch it.

• Members

Ok let me be clear, When i say ABC shows I do mean OLTL and AMC, but yes GH has at times beaten Days in ratings and mos def whipping their tale in demos and for a while.

This is news to me. By 95 or so Days was a SOLID no 2 for the rest of the decade damn near. If it wasn't Days it was B&B in 2nd place. i don't recall AMC being in 2nd place all that much in the 90's

This is news to me. By 95 or so Days was a SOLID no 2 for the rest of the decade damn near. If it wasn't Days it was B&B in 2nd place. i don't recall AMC being in 2nd place all that much in the 90's

Archived