OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have just learned of the death of actress Teri Keane.  She played Naomi Vernon on One Life to Live when I first began watching that show.

Naomi was the wife of Dr. Will Vernon (Farley Granger, Bernie McInerney, Anthony George) who was the mother of Brad Vernon and Samantha Vernon Garretson.  She was aware that her marriage was failing and that she did not hold the interest of her husband.   She was jealous of Jenny Wolck Siegel, R. N., who was the person with whom Dr. Vernon was falling in love.  (Jenny eventually became Naomi's daughter-in-law.)  Naomi planned a "suicide attempt" from which her son Brad would rescue her.   However, that did not happen, and Naomi accidentally died.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very surprised no one has commented on all the 1984/85 videos. To my knowledge most of this stuff has never been on YouTube. I do enjoy reading everyone comments on older stuff. (And i do mean everyone.) The whole Viki/Nikki/Tina saga looks to me like it was the best story. Going on during this transitional period. Nothing else seems compelling or particularly interesting. It boggles the mind that Harry O'Neill couldn't tell that Nikki was Viki with a really good wig. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I for one am riveted.  Plus intermittently guilt-ridden, usually every time someone mentions Carla or Sadie (in fact, I think I just watched what must have been one of Carla and Sadie's last episodes the other day).

As you said, pretty much everything at Llanfair is sooo watchable, and not completely out there like in the latter part of Rauch's tenure.  I would have loved to find a secret room behind a bookshelf in my house when I was Kevin's age, and Tina using Victor's 1.0 bugging equipment to listen in on everyone's conversations throughout the house like Magenta or Colombia in the Rocky Horror Picture Show is also quite fun.  And you can tell it's all building to even more compelling drama.

To your point, I do wonder if anything else outside of Viki/Tina's orbit was nearly as compelling, or if/when the show as a whole gels.  Going by the credits, I am now well into Peggy O'Shea's material, and my general understanding was that she was responsible for writing the best material Rauch produced at One Life.  Although I was surprised to see Sam Hall's name at the top of the credits in one of the earlier episodes, from the end of 1984; I didn't know he returned in this period.

So far, with all the partial episodes, most of the other material I've seen has featured Becky Lee's plane crash/amnesia/long exit, Larry and Cassie involved in Roy Thinnes's gangster character's family, and the action-adventure stuff with David and Jenny and the Buchanans.  The first two stories definitely seem like loose ends that are being tied up.  But for the life of me, I don't understand how/if David's spy stuff and Asa's kidnapping connect to the rest of the stories.  I will say that every Giulietta scene seems like a bad White Lotus rip-off that someone went back in time to make.

@DeliaIrisFan It's great to see early appearances by a devilish Mitch. I also love the supporting role Jenny has. I had no idea Tina and Jenny were once roommates at the Carriage House at Llanfair. It's sad to see by this point how marginalized Carla was. Aesthetically i like how the show looked. I found the pre-Rauch episodes looked a bit dated. I don't know what to make of Giulietta. 

Looks like the channel is toast. It was probably the Y&R episodes that got the channel shutdown. Managed to salvage a couple of clips and episodes. For my own personal viewing. Hardly anyone on here paid them any mind anyway. #RIP

Please register in order to view this content

Please register in order to view this content

Update: The OLTL episodes/clips will resume on a new channel. https://youtube.com/@BetweenHeavenAndHellOLTL