OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She was very pretty in her day, and lived considerably to someone who married a narcissist

Thank you thank you so very Much! Now how convenient can that be they even got dates!

Please register in order to view this content

Wish, they had it for EVERY YEAR! now I'm crossing my fingers to see if I can find those episodes, BTW It indicates 2005 but I've already looked up and the links are actually for 2004 episodes

• Members

Continuing on into the fall of 1989 so I can see fully Andreas bittersweet exit. Tina and Gabrielle are beyond fun together! I am glad Gabrielle was briefly able to tone down her crying theatrics for some funny hysterics in another scheme with Tina as they both squirm their way through LLC schemes. 

And oddly enough, Andrea and John hardly have any scenes together but they have him being a total arse getting close with Debra. 

Another miss I think as the show was rather dreadful aside from the baby switch plot: the miscasting of Roger Gordon and Prince Raymond.

Larry Pine worked great as Eterna Roger but there is NO romantic chemistry to make this work with Viki torn between her future and her past and that could have and should have been something even if we knew she would stay with Clint. 

The actor playing Prince Raymond is well enough but given it was nearly a 5 month plot casting someone with amazing romantic chemistry with Jessica Tuck really could have elevated the entire Mendorra plot with Megan in an over the top romance we knew would not last, something I wish soaps would do more often. 

They also missed an opportunity to further diversify the show. I missed Miriam (played by Janet Hubert) being written out as apparently the Wymans took over the clinic for their baby selling by framing Miriam, who was friends with Dan and Brenda. They could have kept her on as an actual part of the LLC arc as she fights to prove her innocence and given her a romantic pairing along the way. 

PS-the amount of blonds, rather it be main character or extra, is absolutely insane and I could only imagine newer viewers trying to understand whose who. I would be totally lost. 

• Members

I grew to consider her the true Matriarch of OLTL, Without disregarding Viki, But REnée was Much more of a matriarch like Alice Horton or Nancy Hughes, Criminal how She was never nominated for an emmy

The vid is blocked to me

was it HD? it's from the continuation i see, i tried a lot for that one, no luck as usual

• Members

Original Dorian With Her Version of The Portrait, Lucky find, now I've been meaning to ask this for a while but does anyone here just happen to Be old Enought to remember Trish Van Devere as Meredith Lord? Considering the show just turned 54 chances get smaller Everyday 

• Members

Hi there, what was original oltl like?   I only remember the Rauch years (I was born in the late 70’s) and always enjoyed  OLTL, as it was always my favourite but with the help of YouTube, the first 15 years seem far superior.  I’d be curious to know your thoughts on who your favourite Viki and Dorian were and what your favourite storylines were?

• Members

Wow then You might answer Me some Questions!

1. How you liked Trish as Meredith? Was she much different than Lynn?

2. I heard great Things about Gillian Spencer as Viki and her Nikki as well but What about Joanne Dorian Viki #2?? was she any good?

3. Was There a version of the Portrait for Each Dorian? if so do you remember Claire Malis Version?

4. How was the chemistry Between Pat and Dorian from the Recasts? From Nancy to Claire to Robin? 

Sorry if i'm being too curious