OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

...Bye. tongue.png

See, for years I was sure that I was one of the few people who HATED Max & Luna (especially the mystical cornpone bitch on her own) and LOVED Max & Gabrielle more.

That said, with AE gone, I wouldn't have minded seeing Luna with Cord.

ETA: At the same time, however, I can see how a Max & Gabrielle reunion would have been very complicated. The ghost of Luna would have been hovering over Gabrielle from the very beginning (hopefully not literally). The fact of the matter is, a lot happened between the time Gabrielle was sent to prison (for a crime she didn't even commit, all to save the life of her then-four year old son), released from prison early, and then returned with Al a few years later. Max had moved on--more than once. And that moving on included marrying a woman who gave him two more children, and then was tragically killed mere months later. Whether I like it or not (spoiler: I don't), Luna being dead probably cements her place as Max's true love for many people, and Gabrielle--especially given her at times very low self-esteem and conflicts with God--would probably wonder if the only reason Max ever went back to her is because Luna's dead and he can't be with her, even though she (Gabrielle) and Max loved and married each other first, and have just as much of a history and a connection as he and Luna did.

It would've been a very interesting dynamic to explore had a full-blown reunion ever taken place, and I'm sure Jim, and especially Fifi, would have played the hell out of it.

...And that's not even bringing up what might have happened if Gabby had returned when Luna was still alive. Talk about a triangle that could have gone absolutely ANYWHERE.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I recently was watching an interview at the Archive Of American Television with Lucie Arnaz and she was discussing her family/career. She mentioned about how she had to learn to be a good stepmother to her husbands 2 sons and it didn't really dawn on me till later " oh yeah, her husband is the ex of Robin Strasser". Lucie and Larry Luckinbill have 3 children of their own. Later in the interview when she discusses the death of her mother Lucy, she said she was living in LA again at that time and mentioned that they had to work out things with her husbands ex and then just says long story.

I wonder how Robin & Lucie get along ?

• Members

So I guess she started in 1989? Because there was a girl named Eliza Clark credited as playing Jessica in 1990 (ETA: Just got to that part of the interview. So I guess she was there in 1989. Make up your mind, OLTL historians! tongue.png). I've heard both 1989 and 1990 as starting dates for Erin. *confused*

And it's funny to see her say she'd never go across the country, because she did just that once she left OLTL (albeit not for college).

And it's nice to see KMc mentioned with her for once, and not KA (granted KA had only been on for a year at that point, but still).

And she DID wind up getting an Emmy nod that spring, so seeing her all but mention OLTL's status as the red headed stepchild of ABC when that came up was very interesting to me.

Yeah, I love Erin. And like me, she also became a diehard Sheryl Crow/Sarah McLachlan fan at a young age (and performed SC's "I Shall Believe" on the show once), which earns her even more points with me. smile.png

That DID question, though...I wonder if Erin would've been better at that than Bree?

And I love that they were trying to get her to admit she was with David Fumero at the time. tongue.png

That said, I'm not necessarily crazy about the idea that she objected to the abortion idea, although given that she admitted to being a Republican in an SOD interview a year later (not that those two things always go together, of course), I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

AFAIK Erin didn't start til 1990 or more likely 1991.

Eliza Clark, who I think still acts, is the sister of Spencer Treat Clark, who got his start on Another World as Vicky Hudson's kid before growing up into a hunk. He does a lot of stuff.

They would never have made Erin's Jessica play DID.