OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think I actually kinda enjoyed the Kevin/Cassie stuff (though that was when she cheated on Andrew, right? K/C were always flying off on journalism trips?:P )

Patrick and Marty were started under Malone/SHB. SHB talks about it in Llanview in the Afternoon--they knew RH wanted off, and Todd and Blair were very popular. Then a casting agent for ABC sent her a tape with Thorston Kaye's audition on it and said that they had 24hours to snap him up or else he would join AMC. SHB and Malone stayed up all night creating the character and decided they'd tie it into Todd's exit and hope that the supercouple fans would move on to Marty/Patrick, which I guess they did. Brown penny indeed.

• Members

I know this is going waaay back, but reading the Llanview in the Afternoon book and seeing Lee Warrick's comments I became interested in her character, Julie Siegel. She was there 1969-1974 but all I can find was how her relationship with Jack Lawson drove her to a breakdown, then she married Mark Toland. That happened in 1971 and I know he cheated with Dorian years later but she's left out of those recaps. Anybody have any background information on her?

Edited by soapfave06

• Members

I did like Kevin/Cassie- I think that would be when she cheated on Andrew. That was good stuff because at least to me at the time, it seemed SO shocking.

I feel like I knew at 9 years old that they were trying to push TK on me as some sort of not Todd replacement but long haired male lead who could sort of fill the Todd void with Marty and Blair. And I hated it, hated Brown Penny, hated the Men of 21 which I suppose all could have been very good. I faked some sort of illness to get out of school to watch the gold balloon wedding and I remember being mad as hell that Patrick/Marty took up precious moments of the ep with Brown Penny. I did find Dylan Moody annoying so I was glad their paring knocked him down some pegs though.

Loved Antonio/Andy too Vee. When he returned, didn't they say she cheated on him? I was too mad about that. Over the years, I would start hating Antonio and then I would remember when he first came on and I loved him and that pairing tremendously.

• Members

I don't watch soaps for couples, and I wasn't heavily invested in anyone at that time as I had only started watching a year or so earlier, but I mostly remember the show seeming cheap and dull, moribund.

I never got the Antonio hype, and Andy just seemed kind of weak to me.

• Members

I guess maybe they thought they'd bring her back down the line but in hindsight, I would have rather he returned a widower. Although an Andy return/'recast would have been better than a lot of what they did with Antonio. I went back and rewatched some of them on YT and unlike Luna & Max, my good childhood memories held the test of time.

I remember my grandmother had quite the crush on him. In my early years of watching, OLTL was totally the soap of men with long locks- Todd, Dylan, Patrick, Jason Webb, I might be forgetting another one.

Edited by greens_dupres

• Members

The second Andy was so different than the girl that was Max and Jake's sister years earlier. I had to see her as a different character. I also hated how they made it that Hunter who she left OLTL with cheated on her as the actor wasn't available.

• Members

So I'm sure this has been posted before, but I am posting it again because I am currently enjoying it. From the week of August 17th, 1992.

I remember an old story about how in certain markets they heavily promoted Nathan Purdee and Tonja Walker together as though Hank and Alex were a couple. The chemistry was very obvious here. Yet they never pulled the trigger, apparently.

Watching this makes me think I'd love to see Alex back in Cutter's business in Season 2 on TOLN should that glorious day ever materialize - maybe in a scheme with Natalie involved as well, just as Cain and Tina were back in the day. I did love Karen Witter's Tina.

I loved Luna so much as a kid. They would never let Susan Batten be frontburner today.

Edited by Vee