OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I thought Cord and the Buchanans purchased the company to stop Dorian's book? Or was he just the one who made the deal for Viki to buy it?

I thought Dorian was tossed out of Llanfair after her marriage to Herb allowed Viki to gain control of the estate per a condition in Victor's will? I'm not debating, but just asking since I've only seen chunks of the 80's stories, but not the whole thing. I don't know if one of Victor's will gave Dorian back Llanfair. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dax, I also recall that Dorian had to vacate Llanview when she married Herb.  There was a stipulation in Victor's will that gave her Llanview as long as she remained a widow.  However, upon any new marriage, the property reverted to Victoria (and possibly Tony - I cannot remember if he was alive during this time).

Does anyone know the whereabouts of actress Kathryn Breen, who created the role of Karen Woleck Woleck?

• Members

Per the OLTL Anniversary book - Viki sued for the rights to live in the main house at Llandfair (she was living in the carriage house with Clint and two little kids) after Dorian married Herb.  The judge ordered her out per Victor's will which required her to move if she remarried but, Viki had to buy out Dorian's part of the house because while she couldn't live there she still owned half of the estate.  This leads to the scene where she refuses to leave and Clint has to pick her up and throw her out the front door.

Also, I just found out that Gretel "Rae" Cummings originally came to Llandview as the assistant of Adam (Pat Ashley's rebound guy after Tony and Paul who kept secret both his epilepsy and his larceny).

• Members

Miss Dano said that she agreed to return to One Life to Live only if Gretel's name could be changed to Rae.  (She said that it sounded "too grimm.")

ABC had attempted to purchase Another World from Proctor and Gamble, but was denied.  It then tried to get Procter and Gamble to move Another World to ABC's daytime line-up, but that was denied.  It then tried to bring the character of Felicia Gallant to ABC, and that was denied.  It then invited Ms. Dano to reprise the character of Gretel (with Adam).

• Members

I knew about them trying to get the rights to Felicia, but it surprises me that ABC would want to take on another (low-rated) soap and where would they put it??

I adored the idea of Linda coming to ABC, I wish they'd given her more to do. I hated how they never gave her scenes with Robin. Actually, my big fanfictasy was for Victoria Wyndham to join the show as Dorian's cousin in a s/l where she befriended Viki then betrayed her, Viki and Dorian joining forces to take her down.

We got shades of that with Echo.

• Members

I forgot one other source of Asa's wealth were his land holdings in Buchanan City and the island (I think it was called Blaze?).

Did the Buchanan's own Buchanan City or was it just named after them?  Also, what was the name of the island where Pamela lived?

• Members

The island Pamela was from was Malakeva.

Asa's island, which was separate, was St. Blaze's - the Bukes visited it often. I wasn't aware "Buchanan City" existed beyond the Old West years, when it was a frontier town.

I would've paid money to see Victoria Wyndham turn up as an uber-villain for Viki and Dorian to team up against. Erika and Robin are legends but when Wyndham got going there was no one scarier - she was like a bat out of hell.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Me too but, I was reading a tumblr SOD recap from 11/89 and Clint wants to move to Buchanan City in Arizona with Viki and the boys to get away from the stress of living in LLandview.

I hate it on soaps when rich women are expected to sideline their familial wealth to be loved by the men in their lives.  I was just reading a AW recap where Brian asked Iris to give up being an heir to Mac's wealth.  Why did these losers want their wives to be dependent on them for financial support in order to humble them?  Why would Victoria Lord give up LLandfair, her paper, and running water to go live with Clint?   My advice to any soap heiress would be to hold on to what is your's, you never know when your parents will locate a long lost child and then you'll have to share the wealth.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Those crazy "I will CUT you" eyes. Meanwhile, I'm so glad she's on Instagram. I enjoy following her lovely Fairfield existence.

At the time it was still Port Charles which made me wonder. Scrapping a two year-old very ABC soap with a direct connection to their flagship soap for a cancelled P&G soap still in that treacherous timeslot smack dab against the first half hour of Y&R... oof, all so risky.