OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree, @DRW50.  Tina wasn't malicious the way other soap vixens could be.  She always operated under the belief that she was doing the right thing.  However, one dumb decision on her part always begat another, even dumber one.  Pretty soon, Tina would find herself backed into a corner.  As a viewer, part of the fun was watching her try and squirm out of that trouble, knowing (even if she didn't) that it all would blow up in her face eventually.

IMO, Sam Hall, Peggy O'Shea (who was HW'ing the show throughout '86) and Gordon Russell were the best writers to work on OLTL.  The three were masters at writing umbrella storylines like the ones you're describing, @soapfave06, where even the smallest, simplest event could ripple throughout all of Llanview.  They also knew how to take some very far-fetched ideas and ground them in enough reality that you didn't mind it; and there was an earthiness to their work, too, that really helped the show stand out from the others at that time.

• Members

I agree that Tina was never a malicious bad girl instead just an opportunist who selfishly would get in over her head. Same goes for Gabrielle who was more of a complicated anti-heroine than villain. 

I like all the popular versions of Cassie but I prefer Holly in the role. The spunky PI and almost Dorian esque nature was far more in line with how I saw the character than the weeping mentally unstable Reverends wife we got down the line. She felt like Dorian’s daughter and in a lot of ways Adrianna would later. 

• Members

Actor Mark Goddard (Ted Clayton #2 on One Life to Live) has passed away.

Here is a short obituary.   (Hopefully, a longer one will become available):

Mark Goddard, who played Major Don West, the hot-tempered pilot of the Jupiter 2, on the 1960s CBS adventure series Lost on Space, has died. He was 87. 

Goddard died Tuesday in Hingham, Massachusetts, his wife Evelyn Pezzulich told The Hollywood Reporter

Goddard had worked as a regular on the Four Star Television series Johnny Ringo and The Detectives when he was approached by his agent about coming aboard the new Lost on Space, created and produced by Irwin Allen.