OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In one of the 1982 clips when Viki is in prison, Pat and Tony visit her separately and at one point they seem to mention a foster child or boy who may have to go back to his mother. I guess that was Jimmy.

Cue the "why did they kill off so many of Viki's siblings" rant.

• Members

This may be one of the earliest Gottlieb clips I have seen. I have a very strong wish to see complete episodes of Rauch's last months and Gottlieb's early months. There is no EP credit on this. It's still the opening credits of late Rauch, and Rafe is mentioned, but I don't remember Gottlieb creating Jason. Then again this doesn't seem like Gottlieb's Jason - he's more of a one-note punk. He also has one of the most horribly wandering accents ever - in one scene he goes from his normal voice to Guys and Dolls to Madonna's "British" accent. The pointless car crash is also more like Rauch.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

It must be Gottlieb, because remember Carl, Linda talked about hiring a guy with a scar on his face (Brettschneider). I think he was part of her casting project, finding interesting actors first and creating roles for them (e.g., Mia Korf and Susan Batten).

• Members

If there was no EP credit, then Rauch had left the building. My recollection is that Linda Gottlieb was hired, but she had to finish work on a movie she was producing and wrap up some things her production company was involved with before she could devote herself full time to OLTL. She was in and out of the studio at first and her name didn't appear until she fully took over the show fulltime. In the interim, producers kept the show going.