OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I wonder if there was a conscious decision to keep all the Buchanan family members male or if that just ended up being a coinicidence. They've been around over 30 years and in that time only 2 biological females have been added to the clan, Natalie and Sarah and Jessica and Bree via adoption. Yet there's been a plethora of men, Drew, Matthew, Cord, CJ, Ryder, via adoption, Joey, Kevin, Duke, Zane, Liam and the retconned children, Ben, David, Rex and Shane. And of course even Buch cousins were males (Austin and Rafe)

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

See i consider Viki, Renee and Nora as honorey Buchanan's. They aren't related but they are the women who can put up with the Buchnanan Men. Viki and Clint are divorced but she can still get to his heart (no pun intended.)

But I guess most of the Buchanan's are males.

• Members

Yes i understand what you are saying.

All i m saying is i would not include most of the Buchanan wives as "Buchanan's". Lindesy Rapport, Blair Damiler, even Tina, they were all gold diggers. I think Tina loves Cord but they just never were able to make it work. She was always running for the next con to get more money. Even Asa would say he didn't consider his ex-wives "real Buchanan's" except Renee. Maybe Sarah gordon could be considerd a true Buchanan wife but it just didn't last very long. and Dallas never married Clint because his heart always belonged to Viki.

I always beleived when you marry a man, you become one of his family. One day you might even become matriach of his family. You carry his name and you deal with whatever comes your way with him. if you can't deal with it, you divorce and seprate yourself from everything. Viki tried doing that but she just never could completely leave the Buchanan family. and look at her now, even after all the horrible things Clint's done, she's still right by his side, a real Buchanan. Renee did the same with Asa even after they divorced twice.

• Members

Thanks for sharing this! I recognize that pic of the three of them from Laguardia's Soap World book. Never thought I'd see it printed anywhere else! I would love to watch this material. For us younger fans, I don't think we fully realize the extent of the Melinda/Dorian relationship of the '70s.

• Members

And it's something the show could have easily brought up again. Even when Melinda came back in 1997 I'm not sure it was ever addressed. I still would rather believe Melinda is alive out there somewhere.

I also wish they hadn't cast Sharon Gabet as Melinda. Something about that never seemed right. I would have cast her as one of Victor's distant relatives out to get what was hers, or whatever.

Pomerantz is such an...offbeat leading man. I wonder if he was more popular or Denny Albee.

• Members

Lol, that pic of him alone on the left, I was like, "That's a... interesting lookin' dude." :lol: He looks like a skeevey Three's Company guest star.

I know what you mean about Sharon Gabet. I haven't seen much of her, but it comes off as a Melinda in name only kind of thing. I thought it was awesome when I learned they were bringing Melinda back in the '90s but it was such a snooze. Having her all catatonic was such a waste. I can't believe we never got at least one full-on Melador screaming match where the three sisters just tore into each other.

• Members

She really does. And they gave her Dorian's fountain! tongue.png (I loved Robin's second shot with her hand at her chin that was in the final spot.) But Karen looks a lot better than some of those shots of Andrea. And oof, there's a shot of Tonja Walker and her hair looks fried. I always found it interesting that Erika was billed after Phil, and sometimes after Phil and Clint.

Edited by SFK