OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hadn't seen a lot of this before. Do you know who is playing the Gannon aunt? I like her.

This must have been just about the end of Ellen Bethea, right before the disastrous recast.

I love the music in the Bo/Nora scenes. It reminds me of those really good RPGs that used to come out in the 90's.

• Members

That's the late Rosanna Carter who was Esther Rolle's sister. I don't know if you ever saw the movie She-Devil, but she played the judge who put Ed Begley, Jr.'s character away. I had totally forgotten she had played this part yet always remembered an older female relative calling them Henry and Randall James. She is struggling a little with these lines bless her heart. ^_^

• Members

Thanks. I didn't recognize her. I'm glad that she got this little role on OLTL. I really like her work, and how natural she seems. Giving work to talented actors who often don't get it is what I may miss most about soaps.

• Members

Very interesting reading EP's valid point about Dorian becoming *hers*. Some very important character developments happened during her tenure that became significant, lasting parts of who Dorian became with Robin Part Deux.

Linda Gottlieb mentioned in an interview that MB had a scar on his face and I swear I never noticed it until that picture. He looks like Jay from Jay and Silent Bob.

• Members

I'd never noticed it either.

I agree that Dorian changed a lot during Elaine's tenure, and some of the changes stuck. I just wish Elaine had had more daytime opportunities after OLTL, and that OLTL had managed to find a place for her.

• Members

Yeah, would have been nice if she turned up as Ionia. ^_^ Last time I saw her in daytime, she was playing a judge on AW and her hair was cut short kind of like how Robin had cut hers short at the time. I *may* have that somewhere on tape.

• Members

It's so sad seeing the last of Herb, and back when there actually was a Buchanan/Lord family, instead of Viki and a bunch of idiots and people who fled town and never went back.

It's also nice to see more of Angela Holiday. I don't know why they wrote her out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkvL1pGo66w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUiNAIBQAXA&feature=autoplay&list=ULv3NdznqZrJA&index=24&playnext=1

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

The scenes with the family welcoming Clint back are so moving, just pure emotion...something soaps are ashamed of now. I really love all those old scenes with Clint and his family. And Herb and Dorian. Herb really got Dorian and helped her from being too much of a caricature.

• Members

4:20 in clip one, was Bob Woods too preoccupied with whatever was in his eye to take Tonja's coat or was that a *choice*? :D

7:49-8:46 clip two, that was just so... lovely. So *Viki*. Just a very classy moment. This whole episode has such an elegance about it, the show did in general. I love the music throughout, from the carols to the primetime sax.

Great memories, and now that the show is leaving us, I will watch this every Christmas.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Asa & Alex and their his and hers Porsches. :wub:

Marilyn Chris added something very special. Her mannerisms and delivery are very Off-Broadway actor groomed in the sixties. She seems like someone Lemay would have loved to write for.

Edited by SFK