OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Finally, some stuff that we definitely know is during the 1988 strike (no writing credits). This is more of the 1888/1988 saga. Some fun comedy moments with Blaize, doing what I always enjoy in time travel stories - trying to get to grips with technology (and actually she does a pretty decent job of it). There is also some ridiculous melodrama with Clint setting a fire and leaving two unconscious men to possibly die (!) so he can break out of jail. You then get Clint working to save Ginny from being sold into slavery. This is tawdry stuff, but not as tawdry as you would expect of the Rauch era. Erika Slezak gives a ferocious performance that is on the right side of OTT and really shows you how inhuman this treatment is. Some of her best work.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Classic! He has such little shorts and she has such huge pants. Fun time to be a NY soap star. Wish we could see more of Claire, I bet at least a year of her run still exists. Richard was Viki's first cousin/Dorian's nephew I guess? Wasn't his mom Gwendolyn, Victor's sister?

• Members

That first photo is more like miming.

I'd love to see a documentary or something on the life of a New York soap star in the mid-70's to the early 80's, before things started getting so bad and so many died.

Richard is a first cousin yes, I think. Or perhaps not, since Tina almost married him. He was recast so many times. I think Reilly and Jill Voigt (Becky Lee) were married on the show, then they were fired, with the show saying the happy couple were on an extended honeymoon. I can't remember who replaced Reilly at that time.

Richard and Tony Lord were two of those characters who might have had an impact if not for all the recasting.

Speaking of that, I have wondered why Denny Albee didn't make more of an impression with viewers. He was so good on Edge of Night.