OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Another 1982 clip that gives us a rare look at Pat Randolph. I've usually just seen Jacquie Courtney as being a bit old school soap actressy so it's weird to see how animated (even overanimated) she is in her scenes about moving in to Llanfair. She really really wants to move into Llanfair, people! I hesitated a bit when Viki talked about her childhood memories. I still kind of wish they hadn't done that retcon.

Lots of other great scenes too, with Viki/Dorian/Clint, Viki/Clint, and Viki and Becky Lee. I wish they had brought Becky Lee back (I'm not talking about that racist con artist fiasco). She has such a calm presence.

The show seems to have effortlessly integrated so many "country" type characters. I don't think they ever got credit for that.

I always love the old clips where we get to see when Clint was much much looser. I couldn't believe he was sitting around talking on the phone with his left arm craned over his neck and listening from his right ear. It's not exactly a drunken sex orgy, don't get me wrong, but it just seems so casual in a way Clint wasn't later on.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I like her work in every clip I've seen, especially once they softened her up a bit. It made no sense to kill her off the first time - the second time was also stupid, mostly because the reason for her being killed was nonsensical and the story was one of the worst in OLTL history.

I wish they'd at least just had Mari Lyn come back for a day and let Lee have a happy ending. Or they could have kept her and paired her with Clint. That would have been great drama.

• Members

Interesting, in the clip just before that they actually show a "racy" scene from 96, the flop US remake of the hit Australian soap/comedy which was known for nudity and its sexual frankness. I didn't think I'd ever see anything from the US remake 9which added a laugh track and apparently wasn't nearly as graphic...)

• Members

I guess we can't embed clips anymore but you should try to watch this scene after Hank grills Rachel on the witness stand during Marty's rape trial. Such incredible work from Ellen Bethea and the chemistry between Kevin and Rachel is so strong. The scene where she says, "What father?" is chilling.