AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had a problem with all these storylines. I loved Cecily/Nico but I noticed a trend with Agnes young couples one or both eventually leaves and it’s because she plays them too lighthearted. Actors wanna play the controversial/gritty stuff which a lot of her couples lack imo. And the couples that get the real soapy stuff she goes in the opposite direction  I.e. Ross chandler and Natalie.

Jack was too much of a blank canvas and that’s why he never worked with Erica imo. They needed to play up him being the black sheep and change his profession. And I wish he was more mean to Erica and ignored her.

Cliff/Angie: ummm.... I don’t think they needed Nina for this one. I felt like it was high time for them to go separate ways and choose other people. I don’t think TPTB was invested enough because of how quickly it was dropped. I personally wished they brought in some family for cliff who disapproves of Angie and  make it more office affair and bring their co workers into the mix, wasn’t Jeff Martin falling for Angie right before Debbi quit? Angie was a single mom they could’ve made her a mini Erica Kane stopping at nothing to reach her career goals and feed her child. And maybe even a little Jaded for losing her true love.

TBH I find Jeremy to be a very boring character but he was decent in his triangle with Erica and Natalie. I just thought it was kinda out of character for Erica to be advocating for her own sister to date her ex lover.

What if Noelle was secretly falling for Travis and it went all the way to her giving him the baby boy Erica always wanted.  And her cheating on Travis with Jack only for her Niece Julie to steal him right from under her.  I wanted a couple of years of Erica being the loser and have to act from her jealousy and desperation, imagine everybody around her succeeding in their careers and love life while her’s isn’t going nowhere?! That’s an Erica Kane I want to see. 

Erica could have benefited from having family rivalries around long term, Kendal could have Been brought in later. 

This. I love all of this. Any good writer could have made silver work long term there was plenty of openings. They just didn’t give it a real try imo. 

• Members

It is my understanding. And they didn't tell her so she was pissed because she thought they had a proper story for her AND she didn't think putting Cliff/Nina back together was fair to the character evolution they had tried to play.
I don't know if she feels that way but while I can understand that logic at the time, giving fans closure that way was probably the right thing to do even if it wasn't great writing.

• Members

Yes/No. I am legit wondering who that woman is. It's clear she is related to Travis/Jackson and I'm curious on why they aren't southern. I kinda wish the show had some large southern family like the southern family on "Auntie Mame" with an over-the-top southern matriarch.

That was a great interview and I believe her about Ruth.

• Members

I got that video from a 1972 David Frost Special. It was a great special, actually and what Bev said about Ruth applied there until the second half. The first half featured only actors (Ruth W, Don Stuart, Mary Stuart, Eileen Fulton, and Jim Pritchett). The 2nd half included Irna Phillips and Agnes Nixon.

Yeah, Irna in the same room with Eillen and Mary. That was great tbh and when Irna walked in Mary turned 7 shades of green. At the start of the segment, Irna stated:

"I sometimes wonder why we have mediocre shows. Now I know. They (She faces the actors and waves her arms at them) don't know what they are doing!"

And the whole time she called Eileen Fulton "Lisa". That said, Eileen (literally) poked Irna as she spoke just to ruffle her feathers.