AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

When she was angry at someone, Irna would purposely lower her voice to a whisper, so her victim (LOL) had to lean in to hear her. It was Irn'a way of exerting control. 

Kay Campbell (Grandma Kate) once told a story about an executive who refused to put up with that, and snapped at Phillips, "Irna, don't you DARE lower your voice at me!"

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Concerning the departure of Joana Miles as Anne #2 and the new Anne #3 (Judith Barcroft), this was after ABC had hired actress Denise Alexander of the NBC serial Days of Our Lives to create a new character on its own serial General Hospital.  They had Judith Barcroft on commercials for ABC on which she spoke to the audience.  (something that had been used by CBS when it premiered Where the Heart Is).

I also understand that ABC tried to hire Don Hastings (The Edge of Night, As the World Turns) to play one of the doctors on its One Life to Live.   At the time, I thought that the network wanted him to play Dr. Larry Woleck, but now I think that it was Dr. Will Vernon after the dismissal of Will #1 Farley Granger.

• Members

I'm gathering this is right before Broderick/Miller were demoted as headwriters.

Between this episode and the end of December 1989, it's like a completely different show.... Julie/Nico were still a couple..kind of.. with Cecily trying to play matchmaker (by end of December.. Julie has just left town and Nico/Cecily are a couple)..  Erica/Jack aren't a couple at this time..but become a couple by end of year... Angie/Cliff are a couple here.. but end of year, not so.   

• Members

Yeah, I think it is AT.

So, lemme get this straight: everyone on the street's congratulating Tony Blair, because he has his poll card?  Wow, if only we here in the US could get that worked up over someone going off to vote!

• Members

Lauren Holly as Julie Rand Chandler was wasted so much during her final months on the show.   I am sure that she had not signed a new contract and that the show realized that she would be leaving.   The only thing I remember about those final months is that she and her grandfather Eric (Albert Stratton) got to know each other.  He did not remain on the show very long.

• Members

Someone had been posting 1989 episodes.. and for a long time they had episodes from late summer through the end of the year posted.. plus episodes from the start of 1989.. but not much from the spring through summer of 1989 where Depriest's brief stint became apparent.

Now someone is posting episodes from March/April right at the end of Julie/Nico where Cecily is their biggest cheerleader and trying to make it without her trust fund plus Julie and Will Cortlandt are friends so it is interesting to see the start of the shift from Julie/Nico to Cecily/Nico.. plus see what Julie had been up to during those missing months.  I think she and Will dated during the summer months, but by fall, ended up getting a crush on Jack Montgomery.

There are episodes from October 1989 where Julie and Erica are sizing each other up in regards to Jack.. but by Thanksgiving time, Erica and Julie have made up (probably when it became apparent that Lauren Holly wasn't going to stay).  Than Julie is off screen for most of December only appearing at the end of the month during the Christmas episode to tell Eric (her grandpa) that she was moving away to start another internship and would miss him.