AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've heard about the Cortlandt family implosion. It's good to finally see the episodes. Interesting how they don't show Natalie or Ross for several shows afterward. Great way to build tension. Anyone recall when it's revealed that Julie saw everything? During the trial?

• Members

My experience watching early 90s AMC is woefully slim, so getting a glimpse at these episodes is so weird. I've been so immersed in 1984 (now moving into 1985 with Zach's murder) that it's hard to think of it as being all the same show. They had a pattern of really shaking the canvas up towards the tail-ends of each decade it was on the air.

Now that I'm done with 1984, my main thought is that the show's recast game was WEAK. Peter Bregman, Jennifer Bassey, and Robert LuPone did the best they could in a story that centered around the dreadful Nina and Liza recasts, but it really wasn't enough. By this point, viewers had had 5 solid years of Cliff/Nina jealousy drama. The only way it could have been passable was if TM was still in the role, but with a subpar recast, it's old and boring. Hugo Napier is good but his Mike is just a different character.

Tad was truly loathsome at this time. I can't believe his legend as "Tad the Cad" was born out of being an abusive dick to his wife.

• Members

No, I'm making my way through all of HamiltonBernique's episodes, which are mostly here-and-there episodes but also a good bit of consecutive episodes. Basically all of October and November 1984 are up. The bigger picture is that about a year or so ago, I spent some time making a list of all full episodes of the show from 1978-1992 on YT, regardless of uploader, and I've been just watching them all in order.