AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I don't think that the Chateau was introduced in 1970.   I think that it was later.   Nick Davis originally was the owner of a company that sold light bulbs.   He later opened a dance studio (which was how Kitty was introduced.   She was hired as a dance instructor who had been to Hollywood to start a dancing career but was unsuccessful.   She was looking for her mother, and she fell in love with Nick.)  It was in the Cheateu where Claudette had her drug overdose and was taken to prison.

Whenever the Chataeu was introduced, Freddie, the m'atride was shown.   (He was the real m'aitre at the favorite New York restaurant of Agnes Nixon.)  Nick later left town, and Ellen was hired as the manager of the restaurant.   Kelly's manager, Eddie, gave everyone a hard time.  Ellen hired Claudette to work there following her release from prison.

Prior to that, the characters often ate at the Country Club or in tne cafeteria of the Pine Valley Hospital.

I think that Nick was the originator of the Cheateau.   He sang as well as ran the restaurant.  Later, he hired Kelly Cole to appear there (and, then later, Donna.)  It was later bought by Adam Chandler (which is how he was introduced after Ross had already come to town to check it out for him.)  Adam owned it as part of a hotel chain.

When Tom Cudahy came to town (and rescued Little Phil from some kidnappers), he had left professional football and later decided to open the less formal Goal Post.

Erica later opened Erica's Disco in the rear of the Goal Post.  Skye was first introduced as a popular singer (Skye Patterson) who was hired to sing at the Goal Post.   She and Tom quickly fell in love.

The Serving Spoon was at the mall, and Daisy liked it.   Palmer bought it for her to run.  After Daisy left town, it was bought by Chuck as a gift to his new wife Carrie Sanders Tyler.  I don't think that it was a restaurant, but, instead, a cooking supply store that sometimes served food that had been cooked there.

Although the Goal Post was always less formal than the Goal Post, Mackay's was even less formal and frequented by the younger characters.

Panache was later opened.   I think that the owners were Hailey and Matteo.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, the waitresses wore little Playboy Bunny-esque fox ears and tails.

Please register in order to view this content

He wasn't on for long, only a few episodes.  He read older than MBJ, I think the whole Jack adoption s/l would have been less believable with CB in the role. 

• Members

Panache was a night club opened by Tom. That's where Skye came into the picture. However, she and Tom didn't get together until over a year later. She first had an affair with Tad, then was involved with Donna's brother, Mitch Beck (who she lost to Hillary).

Haley and Matteo owned Holidays, a coffee house. Lee Hawkins blew it up in 1998, one of the most bizarre years of writing on AMC... courtesy of McTavish, of course.

• Members

I'd love to know about the Valley Inn as well, because all I can recall from my '80's memories are the Chateau (which DID survive into the '90's, IIRC), the Goalpost (which I think became Tom's health club?), McKay's, the Steam Pit, the Glamorama, Nexxus, and Foxy's.

• Members

I certainly remember it from the '80s/'90s, maybe early '00s.  I can see the set in my head but I don't remember what was that last event.  The yacht club seemed to take its place/purpose.  Not sure if the Inn was around in the '70s.

I still have it on tape somewhere, like I literally recorded it with a camcorder off of the TV lol, but it was a memorable episode at the Inn around '95/'96.  All of the rich characters (Phoebe, Palmer, Marian, Enid, Adam, Erica, nouveau Tad) had gathered to elect a man of the year IIRC, and Adam sways the crowd that it should be Erica.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I am sure that Skye originally sang at the Goal Post - not Panache.  Antoinette Byron played the role.   There seemed to be an attraction between Skye and Tom from the beginning, although I do not remember how long it was before they got together.

Tom had been beaten up by Adam's henchmen right before Adam's wedding to Erica (because Erica and Tom had a one-night stand on the eve of the wedding).