AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really do not know much about the Chuck/Donna storyline except that Donna was a hooker and was beaten up. Anyway, I think they could have had them return to the series when Bianca opened up "Miranda Center". Donna could have she been a counselor or something?? I think it would have been interesting for her to see her interact with Randi's storyline and Madison's storyline.

I also wish Mark would have returned full time at one point. I know the show felt different when Brook left because the "Balance of Power" was no longer there but was still there a void missing before she left?? I wish they never got ride of Mark because Erica deserved to have a sibling/direct family member to confide with besides friends like Opal. Why did they get rid of his character anyway??

• Members

Donna would have had to be a recast then - the actress left the show in the early 90s to get married and move to Arkansas. I would have LOVED to have Mark come back full time, with or without Ellen. Especially after Mona died, I think Erica needed her brother around more often.

• Members

Father Tierney was one of those recurring characters like Dr Clader, the obstetrician, who were around throughout the 1980s and I think stopped popping up in the 1990s. I suspect budget cuts at some point caused the show to drop them along with the maids like Myra and Ms. Valentine.

Donna was quite a major character. After Chuck rescued her from her pimps, Tyrone and Billy Clyde, she took over the Glamorama from Opal. She later became Natalie's best friend. Imo, it was better that she didn't come back full-time since she and Chuck had their happy ending and left Pine Valley together.

ICAM that Mark should've been around more often. I wish he and Ellen had come back for the ending.

• Members

Agreed. While I think that it would have been nice for all of them to have made more appearances over the years after they left (Mark most of all- there were SO many times his presence was needed), I liked that both Chuck & Donna and Mark & Ellen got to ride off into the sunset and got their happily ever afters.

From 1987:

allmychildren1-1987.png

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

Uncle Mark should have visited or characters should have visited him. In my dream alternative AMC universe, Josh would have been born onscreen as the son of Erica and Tom circa 1980ish, and he and Mark would have been extremely close.

Oooh okay, that's what I figured. Lots of late 70s/early 80s soaps that I've watched have those types of characters, and they add so much to the show. I know Dr. Clader was still making appearances as late as 2003. He was Anna's obstetrician when she was pregnant with Leora.

• Members

I adore this clip - they're all playing musical chairs at the Valley Inn. Gloria is with Dimitri. Erica is with some guy. Adam is there with Haley and Charlie. Erica and Dimitri want each other, and Adam wants Gloria. Charlie finally talks Dimitri into taking action with amusing results, and when it's all over, Erica has agreed to marry Dimitri. This was sometime in the spring of 1993.

• Members

What a Jr. high dance pose. :lol: I'm remembering when Rudolph was on Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee and announced he was leaving AMC. Seems like such a foreign time when soap stars who weren't Lucci made regular appearances on talk shows.