AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See again--and it's SOO pointless to argue now I know, I don't think int his case that is entirely true. I bet OLTL is going longer while they prepare the new show because, more than demos or anything at this point, it makes sense to keep the show that's in the timeslot beside GH for a while and replace the first one.

• Members

From Michael Easton on his FB page

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. ~Charles M. Schulz

• Members

I don't even remember...it definitely wasn't Agnes, though, but I remember reading at least once that she was going to do it.

See, this right here is the type of thing that makes me really sad. To see someone who is usually "hard" and "cold" have a brief pouring out of emotion. I'm not even a big ME fan, but that's the type of thing that chokes me up.

• Members

ABC did have a brief resurgence with water cooler shows like DH and Lost but this has died now. But I do think that, while I know this sounds like hyperbole, with all three networks losing their soaps and a real sense of daytime identity it is the mark of the slow death of network tv in general. It does help witht heir brand, and more and more networks have zero brand--in sharp contrast to the increasing popularity of cable stations which largely do still have strong name recognition. Few of my younger friends could tell you WHAT network a show they may watch like Modern Family even airs on, but they all could tell you Dexter is on Showtime, True Blood on HBO, Spartacus on Starz even...

Archived