AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

So who's coming to the protest I'm organizing? I'm thinking we all dress up like Erica Kane from various periods in her life; I will wear that green sequined number she modeled at The Met. EricMontreal would look good as Disco Erica, I think. We then storm the ABC offices and scream: "How can you cancel AMC?!!! We are Erica Kane!!"

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This just reminded of something I did an article on a month or so ago.....regarding an article I found about Nafessa Williams, who plays Deanna, James' old girlfriend on OLTL....

NAFEESA WILLIAMS was happy enough when she landed a three-episode role on "One Life to Live," but that has turned into a four-year contract with the ABC soap.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-03-22/entertainment/29174965_1_abc-soap-jersey-shore-fresh-pasta

I bet she's kicking herself now..... :P

• Members

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/4836989-421/abc-washes-away-soaps.html

“I’m not the least bit shocked,” says Willey, who has been taping 260 shows a year. The show moved to Los Angeles in January 2010 to cut back on costs. In anticipation of the end, Willey cut costs too.

“I think they did everything they possibly could,” he says. “To be an actor who has had a 25-year gig is pretty unusual. Two years ago I sold the beach house. I’ve been kind of trying to circle the wagons a bit.”

Willey says that Nixon is back on staff, working with the head writer.

“There was a time a few years ago when we were at a crossroads, and the decision was made to bring in a head writer who wanted to reinvent the wheel,” he says, “when what we needed was a set of all-terrain tires for the road ahead. I think it drove a lot of longtime viewers away.”

LOL that last bit, Walt is soooo talking about Prass :lol:

• Members

I would be sad... if All My Children was still the show I loved from 1989-2003.

From 2003-2010, however, I've come to despise too many of the characters, the storytelling and the inane, shoddy overall management of this show. I've taken more breaks from this show the last three years alone, than in my entire 21 years of viewing. I go to the AMC threads daily, see Cheap's screen caps of Caleb, nuMarissa, Griffin, Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald, Ricky, that unsightly nuBianca and I'm like, "who are these people?" I don't care about these people. I don't want to visit these people. I don't want to find out what happens to these people. I'll tune in once Lorraine Broderick's work starts airing -- and to see how the show ends -- purely out of curiosity... but I said goodbye to this show at the end of 2010.

• Members

Right, though I don't buy anything he says, this is prob true. Still why if OLTL had moved instead, would they still not have decided to cancel both soaps at this point? He also says it was down to rating projections, etc, etc--and I don't think those would have changed. And OLTL is always called ridiculously under budget--and I doubt it would have been more under budget in LA.

• Members

+1.

Macy buys controlling interest in Jackie M (with financial backing from Adam & Kim).

Once that's done Macy strides through the halls of Jackie M (to The Boys Are Back In Town) with Clarke & CJ.

She enters Jackie M's main office where she brushes everything off the desk, puts her feet up, lights a cigar (with help from Clarke) & in between puffs says "This one's for you Mom" as CJ & Clarke smile.

Archived