AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In all honesty, I don't think the shows could successfully continue, especially with all the return engagements planned. You know none of those people would sign on if the show got renewed, so, what, those returns would be "erased"? They've shot themselves in the foot for continuing the shows by planning all these returns IMO, but I wouldn't take away the returns for anything. :wub:

• Members

He needs to sit down and STFU. Bottom line is he started all of this. He's the one who broke the news and set that "rumor" rampant. The whole "agenda" thing does puzzle me, but I think what Susan was ultimately saying was that he started the rumor. Jamey's just mad cause Susan's talking negative about him I think, LOL. And also failing to acknowledge that the rumor ended up being true. She didn't even say his actual name so he needs to just bequiet!!

• Members

No, he's OVER THE MOON (poor, poor moon) that she mentioned him (or at least who he THINKS is him) because Jamey thrives on attention. I feel awful for feeding into that, but when I need to put a bitch on blast, that bitch must reside on blast. At least for a minute. But yes, he loves this entire thing, and he'd be a flat-faced liar if he were to ever claim otherwise. He WANTED her to say his name because then he could be sure, he could know for sure that she -- SUSAN LUCCI!! -- was talking about him, Jamie Geddins. He's probably viewed the clip at least 76 times by now. Now 77.

His agenda has been clear for ages. He has no use for AMC! If canceling AMC meant more funds and guaranteed safety for OLTL, he'd walk to New York, party down with the OLTL cast and crew, quickly take a moment to videocast the news to the AMC people, then continue partying, the skinny person who only exists in his mind gettin' down to Peabo the entire time. Maybe that is why AMC-affiliated parties generally have no use for HIS FAT ASS.

• Members

LOL, thanks for clarifying, stupid me thought she was talking about Nelson and I was scratching my head seeing as how they just had that chummy interview.

Jonathan, you are right, you can call her Aveeno because she is Positively Radiant (*whomp whomp*). Susan cracks me up the way she hedges her words, her brain to mouth filter is steady working overtime. @3:13 when Sara asks her if she wants the show to stay it looks like she was about to say, "Oh yes, I mean, yes, I mean, why would you throw this American television institution away? ... asking me stupid questions like that..."

So just what does she call Helmut then?

And this show is crazy with the closeups.

Susan got caught a little off guard when Julie didn't ask the trite Desperate Housewives question but about another soap.

At the end, at first I was thinking, "Who the hell is this woman? :blink: " but her montage was so good and fresh and not even one mention of that damn Grizzly bear! Nice job!

• Members

No I'm glad she called Jamey on havign an agenda--he did. This isn't about AMC vs OLTL, to him his job was to push OLTL as much as possible, and he thought to do this he had to [!@#$%^&*] on AMC.

Damn Susan was about to say something and made herself stop--I wonder what it was.

• Members

MAJOR RANT

I have absolutely no use for people like Jamey or Nelson Branco who blatantly use their reputations as "journalists" to try and push their own personal agendas. Neither one has any real love for the soap genre. Poor Jamey Susan called him out. But who is Jamey fooling here. He loved the mention he's just pissed Susan didn't mention his name. But heck she could have been referring to Branco also. He's been dishing AMC for years now over his pet OLTL.

And dishing Susan Lucci. I mean Susan Lucci. This woman has never said anything offensive, always handles herself with grace and class. Just because she doesn't run around like a wack job like Robin Strasser does and Kim Zimmer does to a lessor degree, doesnt mean she fights any less. In fact I would say if you had Susan Lucci behind a Save the Soaps campaign vehemently, she would at least have the brains to know going around telling people Frons smirks and laughs at you is not going to make anyone in business take you seriously. She hasn't established a brand for herself and launched several successful business ventures by foolishly cursing off people on twitter. In fact her comments about that Brain Frons person on Leno were fairly harsh IMO for her and said more than Robin Strassers constant idiotic rants on twitter. And since when have Strasser and Zimmer saved anything. Both could learn something from reading how to win and influence people. Neither are as talented as they think or Jamey thinks they are. Go figure the "less talented" Lucci has the last laugh.

And on the by and by his stupid comments about Pratt. Lots of people were wondering why Pratt was fired so suddenly if I recall. Just maybe some of the complaints by the actors at that time including Susan had something to do with that. I am shocked to hear Jamey complain about Pratt since he and Nelson seems to cream over the misogynist based writing people like Pratt, Guza, and now RC at OLTL pen. If I recall weren't they both raving about the "groundbreaking" gay marriage of Reese and Bianca which was one of the most offensive stories Pratt ever penned.

• Members

Do Jamey and Nelly (and others) operate with an agenda? Is the sky blue? ;-)

Ironically, although they attempt to foster this "AMC vs. OLTL" attitude (probably b/c the latter appeals more to their homoerotic tendencies), ask most true fans of these two shows, and you'll probably find that not to be case (the occasional blood feud that erupts here notwithstanding). If you watch one, you probably watch the other; and if you don't, you're certainly not going to disparage it just to make yours look better by comparison. Most AMC fans I know have always found good things to say about OLTL, and vice-versa; and that's because Agnes Nixon's shows appeal to them in general.

Actors like Robin Strasser and Kim Zimmer spout off all the time to anyone and everyone who will listen, and though I love them dearly, I always question where their anger is truly coming from. OTOH, when someone like SuLu, or Erika Slezak complains, you know the [!@#$%^&*] just got real.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if the cast had had enough and threatened to walk out unless he were replaced. Pratt's writing spared no one in its hideousness. Even worse, it was an attempt to force a West Coast soap attitude and style onto a show that was always firmly East Coast, and it just didn't work.

In retrospect, Gary Tomlin, whom Frons had approached before hiring Pratt, was right: AMC was unsalvageable. Nevertheless, although Tomlin doesn't possess the greatest track record as a writer or producer, I'd like to think he would have understood this show better than Pratt did.

• Members

I love how "blogger with an agenda" automatically must mean Jamey. Didn't the rumor really break on Deadline.com? That's when everyone went crazy and that was right before her book tour. I'm quite comfortable in saying that I doubt Susan Lucci has any idea who Jamey is and I doubt even more that she cares. Just a note: the DSM defines narcissistic personality disorder as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. Just saying.

Ah Susan, I know plenty of people hate her, find her frivolous, untalented, whatever...but that woman knows how to handle her business and her business is her image. In a world of sex tape celebrities and twitter meltdowns, it's nice to see someone who knows how to filter because she sure filtered with Sara Gilbert. "If it was up to you would you like to save your job and the jobs of everyone you work with?" "Why no, of course not."

That's because those people watch daytime television. They used to watch soaps.

• Members

True, the [!@#$%^&*]-storm began on deadline.com. In that clip, however, SL talked about a male blogger; and though there are males on deadline's staff, it's generally thought of as Nikki Finke's blog. So that could be why we're assuming it's Jamey.

Memo to King World Enterprises: you lost a golden opportunity to have SL assume Oprah's slots once she had ended her show. She seems pretty natural in that function; and I guarantee the affiliates would have snapped up a talker hosted by someone who has about as big a cache with Oprah's target audience as she did.

• Members

Meanwhile, in the real world, Susan Lucci and Sara Gilbert would have swapped stories about their respective long-running series going down the crapper in their final years (although, in Gilbert's case, Roseanne Barr Arnold Thomas was probably to blame).

• Members

I don't get this either. Some - although I would disagree - would even say that Kim Zimmer was a big reason why GL went off the air.

I don't understand why these names were plucked out of a hat, other than women being pitted against each other yet again.

Susan took large pay cuts, more than once, to keep AMC around, just as Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser did. There is only so much you can do to "save" a show. The idea of Susan being able to go in and make big changes, when ABC was probably happy to toss her off the show if they felt they had a reason, is nonsensical.

The soap press is generally about getting attention and playing favorites. It's not exactly a secret. I guess Susan saying it out loud is the biggest sin?

He also might have brought Richard Culliton back, and that was one of the last times I really enjoyed AMC (then again I know many others would disagree).

• Members

I originally thought it was Nelson Branco because she does know him. She's interviewed with him.

As for Lucci, I've always thought her more a personality than an actress even going back so many years and that she would do

well in that kind of format. But replacing Oprah.Lofty expectations for anyone including Katie Couric

Archived