OLTL: Actress Let Go

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've been phasing Matthew out of the show for a year. He is now completely pointless and was clumsily dumped from a story that should have put him right in the middle.

Clint serves only to act as a plot mover/puppetmaster and anyone can do that, even if they don't have a tenth of Jerry's talent. There's no real purpose for Clint now - his relationships have all been destroyed.

• Members

i think after the tess and who-killed-eddie stories wrap up (finally!) we could see the end of Matthew, Inez, Bobby, and Brody. Along with Cris being written out.

I don't see Nate or James going anywhere because they are tied into Todd's kids, but Bobby has kind of worn out his place with Langston gone and everyone in town hating him (even Tess).

Would they keep using Echo with Charlie gone and Shane's story coming to an end? She hasn't really had any interaction with Rex. I could see occasional appearances, but very occasional.

I do see either Jerry VerDorn or Robin Strasser being asked to go recurring. JVD would possibly accept it, but RS probably wouldn't.

• Members

I think Nate could go easily. The main story was about the conflict with Dani and Todd, and any man can be in that story.

Ford I think will stay around for the long haul (if there is a long haul with soaps now), just because the show has worked so hard to tie him in with main characters.

I think Echo will leave with Charlie.

I think Cris will just stay around in the background, possibly recurring.

Archived