Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

I read that one of the new writers brought up Randy Savage's name at a meeting a couple of months ago not knowing the full history of Savage/McMahon and got the death stare. The fact that Vince doesn't think Randy Savage can help make him money doesn't help. If he thought Macho Man could draw I think he would have been back by now, don't you?

Wrestlemania is shaping up to be very lame. btw, they ruined this years "Money In The Bank" match. I love Ric Flair but he and Finlay shouldn't be anywhere near this match.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. makes me shudder.

Wrestlemania is not worth paying for, and I always watch WM. Not this year though.

The Ladder Match will suck also because it was Carlito's idea and I wanted him in it to win and now he's not even participating in it. :angry:

• Members

I celebrate my birthday every year with Mania. I consider it my birthright, but I've never been so dissappointed in a line up.

WWE needs to be more fluid and capitalize on what works instead of force feeding a bunch of B matches. I don't want HHH v. Cena. Edge should have been headlining and not this constant Cena crap.

The HBK/Vince angle is being run into the ground.

Money in the Bank, even if they had to include SD stars, should have Lashey and not Finlay.

Ugh...

Pick up the ball, Vince.

• Members

I don't know what the creative team over there is smoking, but if I was a druggie I damn sure wouldn't want any. They think "they know" what us fans want, but they don't. An overwhelming majority of fans are against John Cena. Young teen girls and women do not make up the WWE audience. It's the guys that make the audience and us guys (especially me coming from an amateur background) can see the weaknesses in Cena's talent or lackthereof. He's slowly turning into a new version of the Rock (who, for the record, I didn't like very much until he turned heel). Stephanie may be VP of the creative team on paper, but nothing gets past Vince and his stooges. Hell, we can't even blame Brian Gerwitz (who is the former head of the RAW creative team, he's been on sabattical for months now).

The entire state of the WWE is in shambles right now. I used to not miss an episode of Smackdown, now I just read the spoilers to see if it's worth checking out. Overall, SD is a better show than RAW, but the WWE will never admit it b/c RAW is Vince's baby. The SD guys are treated like second rate employees. You can tell that just by how many "established" stars were traded to RAW or drafted to RAW during the beginning of the brand extension. If it was up to me, the rosters would be quite different, with an equal amount of star power on both shows. The only way for the state of the creative team to improve is to either give Eric Bischoff some power and let him be on the team, or bring Paul Heyman back to the team (which won't happen due to him and Stephanie disagreeing so much).

Heyman is doing wonders down there in OVW with those guys. It's ashame that the gimmicks they have down there won't be used when they get called to the main roster. If anyone is able to watch the OVW tapes (either online or by buying the tapes), please do so. It's much better than the product that is shown every week on tv.

• Members

It's like the guys over at "The Torch" said in there audio updates The McMahons think there sh!t don't stink and they punish people who question them. Until TNA or another organization takes off they are almost the only game in town and can force people to participate in things like the Eddie Guerrero non sense. Someone also points out Vince & Stephanie think they can get away with anything but the fact that they can't get The Rock or any of their other big name stars to show their faces proves them wrong.

I want Paul Heyman back writing for Smackdown or Raw but that won't happen because he's his own man and doesn't worship at the McMahon's feet. Did any ever prove he was spying on Stephanie like he was accused?

btw, didn't Eddie's wife and kids lose their home last week?

• Members

I would love it if the territories from the 70s could be brought back. The WWE product has been in a shambles for the past 5 years. Vince doesn't have a clue what he's doing. This is where he wanted to be, and it has ruined pro wrestling. When it was the NWA, AWA, and the WWF with stars going from territory to territory, it was great fun to go to the old Kiel Autotorium here in St. Louis and see Harley Race defend his NWA World Title against Andre The Giant, Ric Flair, the Von Erichs, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdock, Dick The Bruiser or any of a number of stars.

But now, after watching about 30 minutes of SNME, it is now apparent that this comapny has crashed and burned. Nobody really wants to invest the time to see any of these stars wrestle, and shoving Triple H down everyone's throat has gotten real old. He still can't understand that people don't like HHH because the perception is that he is only where he is because he dumped Chyna and hooked up with the boss's daughter.

It can be fixed, but as long as Vince & Co. decide that what they are putting on is great wrestling, the ratings will continue to stink, and then maybe one day, he may be forced to sell the company. It's not like he hasn't been warned.

And BTW.......one world champion that I hate I never saw wrestle in person was former AWA World Champion Nick Bockwinkel.

• Members

I'm a girl and I don't like Cena. The whole rap thing is a load of hooey. Some of these gimmicks are just ridiculous. But honestly I don't believe they are keeping him number one because women and girls like him. He is selling merchandise that's why and I know there are a lot of guys out there buying that John Cena crap because they think he's some cool thug and they want to dress and look like that. Everytime I see those personal appearances the majority of the people going to see him are guys. So don't give me the crap about them keeping him number one because of women and young girls. The WWE could really care less about women and a little girls. If they did really care about women and girls they'd have all the hot looking guys being the top guys and I don't see that happening.

• Members

The only WWE wrestlers who have myspace profiles are:

www.myspace.com/gshelms (Gregory Helms)

www.myspace.com/ashleymizassaro (Ashley Massaro)

www.myspace.com/johncenasspace (John Cena)

www.myspace.com/Announcer (Justin Roberts, announcer)

www.myspace.com/kristalmarshall (Kristal Marshall)

www.myspace.com/2bmeprinceofpunk (Shannon Moore)

www.myspace.com/steviecorp (Stevie Richards)

• Members

I think it was reported by PWInsider.

Vince is an [!@#$%^&*]. I want to write his authorized bio and I do give him credit for being an astute business but he is an [!@#$%^&*]. He has taken a dump to Eddie's memory with these flagrant exploits. He would never dare to utter Owen's name; much less in an inflammatory way that Eddie's name has been invoked for cheap heat.

I know Randy and Rey have hobs to do, but they're punks to speak of their suppossed friend in such cold, flippant manners. Dman, Eddie's barely been dead four months! He should be helping Eddie's family. He just wants to use them.

I hope TNA breaks out of its infancy shell and Heyman defects there. If for no other reason than to provide Vince and co. incentive to revamp the stagnant state of the WWE.

Also, Edge is a Cena fan. He gave this interview; kissing Cena's ass and saying how wonderful and unnderated he is by the fans. He just sucks.

And not for nothing, Carlito v. Masters and Kane v. Big Show would have been better matches to Mania.

• Members

Edge was "putting Cena over" in his interviews. They actually don't get along very well. Not many guys do with Cena, due to the fact that they are more established and worked their asses off, yet have to job to him. Jericho, Christian, Angle (especially) were all upset that they had to job to that lameass. Those guys worked for years to improve their skills, yet they had nothing to show for it.

Archived