Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

I think what TNA is trying to do is showcase their entire roster. And obviously what they are doing isn't hurting them seeing as how their ratings are still strong. It's hard to showcase your roster with a 60 minute show, but TNA is making the most out of their time, something that the WWE didn't do. They (the WWE) figured they could just throw whoever on the show because their late night time slots began to mean nothing to them.

I am so happy that Christian is the new World Champ. I just hope that he doesn't lose it to Jarrett anytime soon.

In my honest opinion, TNA needs like a middle title once they get a two hour show. Though the X-Division doesn't have limits, many of the guys who have held the title will never be NWA champion.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

news on CM Punk's heat with WWE

Tommy Dreamer told CM Punk that he could work ROH's date last Sat. with the conditions of he couldn't be advertised, he couldn't job, he couldn't wrestle or be involved with anyone from TNA, and it could only be a one time thing. From there Dreamer left to do an indie date in England. He didn't tell anyone else in WWE that he gave Punk permission including Johnny Ace.

Meltzer said the situation "exploded" at Raw on Monday. Vince and Steph went up to Ace and gave him a bunch of heat asking him why he let a member of WWE appear on a show with "so many TNA stars". Even though a lot of the wrestlers by this time knew that Punk did the ROH show (as well as it being on the net), Meltzer said Ace was "blindsided" by the McMahon's appoarch. All the heat then went to Punk and he told them Dreamer approved of it, so then Dreamer got the final heat. Meltzer said from day one guys like HHH, HBK, Hayes, and even Arn Anderson have been all over Punk about his work rate. Anderson goes along with HHH and says that Punk "copies" a lot of popular moves from Japan. Meltzer also added that Punk's relationship with Maria "doesn't help matters". He didn't go into detail and I'm really curious as to what he meant.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

btw, JayV your the first person I have ever heard or read to say that Kane was there favorite wrestler.

• Members

What a surprise! Trips and Candice won their matches! Although I didn't know about the Diva's match, once they said it was for the number one contendership, I knew Candice would win. I'd actually be shocked if she didn't beat Stratus next week to win the title seeing as she'll be on the cover of Playboy heading into Mania. BTW, was it me or was Trish smokin' tonight?! BTW, I saw on WWE.com that Ashely got injured during the match and will be out of action for a month. No surgery, but she'll be in a cast for at least 4 weeks.

• Members

I actually thought for a minute that RVD might win. I like HHH though and I'm glad he won. I'd rather him be champ than Cena. Candice announced on Jay Leno that she'd be fighting for the Women's Championship at Mania, so I knew that would happen.

• Members

I didn't see her on Leno, so I didn't know, LOL. But they said this match was for next week on RAW. As for Trips, I don't know how much of what's on those internet sites is true or not, but I heard the reason Edge lost the title is because Trips wanted it at Mania, which meant the Champ needed to be a face, which meant it had to go back to Cena. I'm as sick as Cena as the next guy and I really enjoyed Edge's title run. I remember seeing some shoot interview with Billy Gunn and Road Dogg and they were bashing Triple H saying he'll step over anyone to get to the top. They also made a point of saying that Orton was a victim of that. I guess if this is all true, Edge can also be added to the list.

• Members

Most of what the internet sites say has a ring of truth to it. I used to run a wrestling news site and I still keep in contact with two of my sources. What I was told was the reason why Orton got the title taken away from his was b/c they realized they turned Evolution against him way too fast and realized it was a mistake having him be the face, instead of Evolution being the faces.

The title was taken off of Edge b/c Vince felt the fans had stopped booing Cena. Vince wants the title on Cena b/c his merchandise is one of the highest selling right now and they don't want to lose that. Had Edge kept the title, Triple H would have turned face and went up against Edge. It wasn't HHH's call to have the belt taken from Edge. It was Vince's. Triple H only sits on the creative team during his absences from tv. Over the summer, Triple H was responsible for Edge getting the push that he did over Matt Hardy and Kane, as well as making sure that Batista stayed the World Champion.

• Members

Check this out:

Triple H...main eventer at WrestleMania 22.

5 main events at WrestleMania (2000, X8, XIX, XX, 21)

4 consecutive main events at WrestleMania.

Won in 2000, Won X8, Won XIX

Lost XX, 21

Two consecutive losses at WM

• Members

Don't get me wrong, Triple H does play "politics" backstage, but so does Austin, Taker, Rock, HBK, Hogan, etc. The only reason why Trips gets hated on is b/c he's married to Stephanie. He is doing something that many of his peers have done in the past and present. I do believe that the WWE turns to him when things are going down the crapper and it doesn't make fans too happy. He gets accused of "always being in the title hunt" yet he has been w/o the title for almost a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Cena got booed heavily on Raw...

But anyways...

SOMEONE FROM THE WWE ACTUALLY CALLED ME!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I may have a slight clance to meet the Smackdown superstars since they want to reach campus life! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Members

There is no sweeter sound to me than the sound of fans booing John Cena. I am one chick who is definitly not impressed with this guy.

As sick as most people are of HHH being the champ, when you think about it what other choice do they have? HBK maybe, but obviously he is too busy being involved with this ridiculously disgusting Vince storyline that makes me ill.

I am the self proclaimed, biggest HHH fan alive today :P so I guess I am biased.

Anyway, the whole Candice Michelle Vs. Trish thing is simply ridiculous, at least for Wrestlemania. Candice Michelle as absolutely 0 skills. In fact the only person who does besides Trish is Victoria, and we all know how much WWE has ruined her. They could have at least had Micki James or Ashley Massaro involved somehow, they are newer but at least they TRY.

Anyway, blah blah blah I hope Carlito takes the Ladder Match at WM because Carlito is the man ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Interesting Payouts..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Below is the World Wrestling Entertainment talent roster payroll that was taken from October of 2004 until February of 2006. The shown dollar amount beside each wrestler is the grand total that they earned from World Wrestling Entertainment in a one year period (downside guarantees, bonuses, and merchandise shares). Some wrestler's were given special privileges and bonuses in their contracts which can also be seen beside their total pay. All wrestler's contracts begin and end at different months of the year, there for each shown amount is what that particular wrestler earned in a 365 day time period between October 2004 and February 2006 (or however long they have been with the company). All dollar amounts were rounded up/down (Example: $244,766 would be $245,000)

- Ashley Massaro: $131,000

- Batista: $813,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Big Show: $1,000,000 (Base salary)

- Bob Holly: $217,000

- Booker T: $375,000

- Candice Michelle: $64,000

- Carlito: $319,000

- Chavo Guerrero: $206,000

- Chris Benoit: $488,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Chris Masters: $253,000

- Christian - $396,000

- Danny Basham: $130,000

- Doug Basham: $126,000

- Eddie Guerrero: $372,000

- Edge: $704,000

- Eugene: $189,000

- Funaki: $124,000

- Gene Snitsky: $292,000

- Gregory Helms: $277,000

- John Cena: $1,743,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

- John Layfield: $786,000 (Five star hotel accommodations paid for every week)

- Jerry Lawler: $204,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

- Jillian Hall: $52,000

- Joey Mercury: $134,000

- Johnny Nitro: $143,000

- Jonathan Coachman: $175,000

- Kane: $ 851,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Ken Kennedy: $133,000

- Kid Kash: $62,000

- Kurt Angle: $1,023,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Lance Cade: $118,000

- Lilian Garcia: $90,000

- Lita: $286,000 (Mostly downside paid due to lack of wrestling)

- Maria: $41,000

- Mark Henry: $300,000 (Base pay)

- Matt Hardy: $322,000 (Missed over $70,000 of pay due to firing)

- Matt Striker: $43,000

- Melina: $155,000

- Mickie James: $72,000

- Nunzio: $186,000

- Orlando Jordan: $145,000

- Paul London: $177,000

- Psicosis: $122,000

- Randy Orton: $711,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Rene Dupree: $289,000

- Rey Mysterio: $414,000

- Ric Flair: $508,000 (First class flight tickets paid for every week)

- Rob Conway: $186,000

- Rob Van Damn: $220,000 (Only received downside and royalties due to injury)

- Rosie: $105,000

- Shawn Michaels: $1,045,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

- Shelton Benjamin: $366,000

- Simon Dean: $132,000

- Stacy Keibler: $178,000 (Only downside paid during absence)

- Steven Richards: $94,000

- Torrie Wilson: $260,000

- Trevor Murdoch: $48,000

- Triple H: $2,013,000 (Allowed the personal use of company jet (10) times per year. First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

- Trish Stratus: $618,000 (Receives 20% of all Trish Stratus merchandise sold)

- Tyson Tomko: $127,000

- Undertaker: $1,811,000 (First class flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation paid for every week)

- Val Venis: $210,000

- Victoria: $275,000

- Viscera: $130,000

- William Regal: $225,000

Archived