Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stephanie is a Cena mark. She heard him rapping and convinced Vince that he is WWE's savior. They needed to fill that void after Brock left.

Also, Goldberg is still trashing the WWE, calling it a circus, believing his own hype. He's in talks with TNA.

I wonder if HBK will be @ the Hall of Fame.

• Members

IMO, besides not improving the ring John Cena started going downhill when he was still on Smackdown and the suits at the network and WWE began censoring him. Once they started writing his raps and promos for him instead of letting him do what go him over he was through. What made it so bad though was that once he went to Raw and was on basic cable with lots more freedom the are still doing his writing.

It's like the WWE never learns. The Rock and Stone Cold didn't get over with the fans until they cut the cord and let them be themselves on TV.

• Members

Guys like HHH, Austin, Taker, the Rock and Chris Jericho want the creative team to let the guys come up with their own stuff, but it doesn't matter what they want. It's ashame that these idiots are up in the offices writing what these guys should be doing themselves.

• Administrator

Are you serious? That's how he got into the biz? :blink:

What do you guys think of Vince Russo's (who has now found God) writing? I loved his crazy stories during the "attitude" years and the Monday Night wars era.

• Members

John Cena wrestled down in OVW under the name "Prototype". He originally was brought up when the WWE began their "Routhless Agression" campaign. His character was a no-nonsense person. Eventually they turned him heel and he began rapping, having such sidekicks as B2 (B squared) (ex-Bull Buchanan) and Red Dog or something (It was Rodney Mack).

John Cena wrestled down in OVW under the name "Prototype". He originally was brought up when the WWE began their "Routhless Agression" campaign. His character was a no-nonsense person. Eventually they turned him heel and he began rapping, having such sidekicks as B2 (B squared) (ex-Bull Buchanan) and Red Dog or something (It was Rodney Mack).

• Members

Vince Russo was good when Vince McMahon was still sane and would reign him in before he did something totally off the wall. They complemented each other story wise and now that Stephanie rules the world and Vince seems to have lost his mind WWE TV has gone to hell.

• Members

anyone else excited about Wrestlemania? I know it's not the best card ever, but for some reason I'm really excited about it. Too Bad the WWE canned having PPVs on CBand Satellite Dishes, so I can't watch them anymore.

The funny thing is I find the whole women's championship storyline a heck a of lot more interesting most of any of the other storylines for the other matches for some reason.

• Administrator

Is that the pillow match with Torrie. That should be good. :D

ITA. He sucked at WCW.

What's the story behind Jim Ross not being the Raw play-by-play man anymore and Joey Stiles (wasn't he at ECW??) getting the job.

• Members

Jim Ross was "fired" in October (on-screen he was, but he continued his office duties). The WWE wanted to replace Jim Ross with UFC announcer Mike Goldberg, but ruined the chance of snagging him when they wanted him to no-show a UFC event. The then went to Joey Styles as a temporary thing, but they eventually signed him.

Vince McMahon doesn't like Joey Styles' way of announcing, so he's constantly yelling at him in his headpiece to push the storylines more. Joey is more of a play-by-play person, due to his vast knowledge of wrestling. He's good when it comes to selling storylines and stuff, but he's not "broken in" yet. Basically, Vince should just let Joey do what he wants b/c he brings down Joey's style (no pun intended) by constantly talking to him in his headpiece and distracting him.

Jim Ross originally needed time off to get surgery done, but the WWE has been trying to remove for a few years now. He doesn't "fit" into what Vince's idea of a commentator should be. Jim Ross isn't much of a looker and his bell's palsy is also a hinderance in Vince's eyes. Jerry "The King" Lawler got a facelift back in 2001-2002 due to him being afraid of losing his spot on the announce team.

The main problem is Jonathan Coachman. He's an ass and he's totally annoying on the mic. The perfect team would be JR/King/Styles, but I doubt that will ever happen. On top of that, Michael Cole & Tazz are upset that Smackdown gets treated as the secondary show and they are treated as the secondary announce team. The WWE could have chosen Cole or Tazz to replace JR (Tazz rocks as an announcer) but they didn't and that caused more problems backstage.

Archived