Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bret Hart on Off the Record with Michael Landsberg

April 3, 2006

By Steve Khan

email: [email protected]

One on one segment:

Bret said it wasn't hard agreeing to do the Hall of Fame, but it was tough to do actually do it. He said there was a lot of emotion and was hard coming up with what to say given the time frame. Bret says a few days after the Screwjob, he still would've agreed to do it because he earned it. Although, when they called him to be inducted, he tried to convince himself that he wouldn't go.

Landsberg asked what it was like being around the guys again. Hart said the WWE didn't keep their promise about keeping Michaels away. Bret doesn't forgive Michaels for anything. He said it was Michaels who brought him down in a lot of ways.

Bret was honoured to have Stone Cold induct him and was having a great conversation with him. Landsberg asked what it was like when Hogan congratulated him. Bret said he and Austin didn't even look at Hogan and just brushed him off. Bret said Hogan did that to him in the 90s when Bret won his first title. He went up to Hulk to shake his hand and Hogan ignored him for five minutes until Bret walked away. He said it felt good doing it back, like saying "Kiss my ass." Hogan walked away with his tale between his legs with a puppy dog look on his face.

Bret said his speech wasn't as emotional as he thought it would be but the Eddie Guerrero induction before his sapped the emotion out of the crowd. Right before he walked through the curtain a lot of memories came back, and he wished he had more time. Bret tried to take the high road and keep it light.

Landsberg asked what Bret's legacy would be. Bret called himself an artist. Michaels may have worked a little harder, Hogan may have drawn bigger crowds, and maybe Flair lasted longer than he did, but Hart was better than all of them. He said it wasn't a night off working with Flair or Michaels, but it was a night off when people fought Bret. Steve Austin even told him that a few days ago. When Austin saw Bret's name next to his, he knew it was a night off. Bret called himself the perfect guy to work with and wishes he could've wrestled himself.

Landsberg asked if he would ever sit down with Michaels and work things out. Bret said no. Years ago before they had their fallout, they would shake hands thinking they were square, but it never accomplished anything. Michaels never gave a sincere effort to even be honest, let alone apologize. He doesn't know why Michaels claims to have ever apologized to Bret because he never has.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. He sounds like a child now. He should really drop this and move on with his life. Cause now, he just sounds really petty.

• Members

Shut the hell up, Bret! This is why I can't have nay espect for his whining, petulant ass and why I won't get his DVD. It's ok when Vince lines your pocket, but b/c Shawn and hogan won't kiss your ass, it's a tragedy? GMAB!

• Members

Well I say let's move on and stop talking about Bret Hart, it's done with and it's over. If he wants to continue to talk about this and that he can go ahead, but I see no point in keep going over him complaining or moaning or saying who is right and who is wrong. Although the Hogan thing was funny.

Now Randy Orton, I can't stand the guy, and I'm going to assume their are a few others who can't stand him either. He's got this arrogance and cockiness that comes out even when he's out of wrestling. Maybe the guy is nice I don't know, but he is from St. Louis right? Most of the people I've know from St. Louis are a little high on themselves. Anyhow he probably got pissed off on people. I'm thinking they had told him he was going to get the title and huge push but then after Wrestlemania they changed their minds, which they have been doing a lot lately, and decided not to put the strap on him and he went into a hissy fit.

Anyhow I read on the kashamedia boards a fan was talking to Ashley and asked if her when she was coming back and all and she told them not to expect her to come back on RAW, so if this is true that means she's going to Smackdown. I personally think that's not a good idea, I don't care who her bf is, but if you want to be a female wrestler you have to be on RAW not Smackdown, that's just how it is. So this probably means they will stick her with Matt, and she'll just be eye candy mainly.

Makes me mad cause I don't watch freaking Smackdown and I like Ashley, she has potential. Especially now that they actually have some real women's competition going on. I mean we know Mickie and Trish will be fueding for a while, and Ashley did get thrown in that storyline a bit with the whole suprise for Trish, you'd think they'd want to keep her in amongst that. I could see Ashley being put in that for some twist and turns.

Anyhow I think all they really need is to bring maybe 2 or 3 more female wrestlers and then maybe the women's matches would seem more legitimate to people and wouldn't get overlooked.

• Members

The WWE had credible (and pretty) female wrestlers, but the company let them go. Gail Kim (who's now flourishing in TNA, but not wrestling because of their lack of a division), Jackie Gayda (who's also doing well in TNA), Jazz (pretty in her own way), Molly Holly (they burned her out and sucked her dry creatively), Tori (who started out kinda like a Mickie James w/o the lesbian stuff. then got hooked up with DX and was let go after that sl ended), Linda Miles a.k.a. Shaniqua (who was a winner of Tough Enough and a good wrestler, but was stuck with a bad gimmick and managed the Bashams). The WWE has no one to blame but themselves for sticking these woman w/ horrible gimmicks and wanting them to be eye candy instead of wrestlers. Christy Hemme was someone who was eye candy, but legitimately looked up to Trish Stratus as a role model and wanted to follow in her footsteps. For some reason, she was let go yet untalented hags (and really not attractive) like Candice Michelle (WHO DIDN'T EVEN WIN THE DIVA CONTEST) are kept on payroll. Christy moved to be close to the OVW training center so she could improve on her skills AND STILL appeared on WWE TV. They cut her loose because "creatively" they had nothing for her. Wanna know why? Because they moved her to SD w/ no women's division.

Torrie Wilson got smart after Christy's release and stepped up her training down in OVW. Christy was a Diva who wanted to wrestle, but they didn't want her to. Torrie didn't want to wrestle (because when she did they told her no) but now she does b/c the writing team wants her to. The women are in a bad spot in the company. Poor Dawn Marie was fired while she was pregnant.....JFP would have a field day there.

• Members

The Women are horrible! I used to watch a long time ago adn stopped right around the time the Invasion story started and only began again off and on a few months ago and all the women do is come out, show off their breasts and look stupid. When they fight, they dont even make their fighting look real, bc they hit the mat instead of each other. Trish and Micke are the only ones in the division who can wrestle. I also think Ashley has potential. What they need to do is make Victoria a serious contender again bc the girl looks too buff to be a ditzy sex object like they are potraying her. She's like a mini Chyna to me and I know she can wrestle, so let her do it. They also need to have Lita wrestle again. She used to be my favorite when I was watching and was the big thing back then. She could help revitalize it. I dont see why she cant be with Edge, yet do her own thing too. As for the other women, Torrie, Candice, etc...don't they have managers anymore? These girls look pretty and thats it so pair them up with some wrestlers and give them stories there. These are just suggestions but I guess they arent doing too bad bc the Women's division seems to be the most interesting on the show anyways

• Members

Haha, your Orton avi is cute.

IA that the women's division is horrible. Lita, Mickie and Trish are the only ones who make it tolerable. Torrie is NOT a wrestler and she's not even pretty. Candice has a nice intro with the twirling thing, but that's all I can take from her.

Victoria is indeed a Chyna rip. If Ashley goes to SD, she'll maybe fight w/ Melina.

• Members

Yeah I really like Victoria, she's crazy. I really like Trish (in that she's the only one with talent) but I find her overdone. I'd like to see Lita get back into women's fighting, her angle with Edge is cool but she should get back to wrestling.

• Members

What does being from St. Louis or any city for that matter have to do with being a jerk? I'm from St. Louis, born and raised, and don't consider my attitude being high on myself.

You can be a jackass no matter where you came from.

• Members

Orton Update

The WWE website posted a statement attributed to Randy Orton tonight, noting that he was suspended for not following the type of conduct that WWE wants from its performers. The statement did not delve further into the situation.

As noted yesterday on the PWInsider.com Elite section, the suspension came about due to WWE's unhappiness with Orton's attitude and demeanor and it was a situation that had grown over time as opposed to a singular incident. Rumors that the suspension were related to any recent drug testing from the WWE Wellness program were shot down by sources within the company.

Orton is expected to make several more appearances on Smackdown and will then begin serving his 60 days suspension.

• Members

Randy Orton’s suspension is due to his behavior backstage at WrestleMania 22.

The issue with Orton seems to be mostly due to his attitude about how he is a main eventer and feeling that he does not have to follow the same rules as everyone else, as opposed to doing something to someone else or his health. The word going around right now is that Orton feels he is above the rules, and has had several issues in the past backstage, mainly with female co-workers and the way he talks to them.

Randy Orton is one of the least liked people backstage, and has the most heat of anyone right now. The Undertaker is said to despise Randy Orton, and it’s not just an issue with “serious people” not liking his attitude, as people who love to party like Ric Flair and Kurt Angle do not like him either.

This suspension is likely to be very good for locker room morale, and it doesn’t look like anyone will be missing him backstage.

-PWTorch.com

----------------

Prior to SmackDown this past Tuesday, Randy Orton was told that he was being suspended for 60 days due to unprofessional conduct. WWE.com recently caught up with Orton to get his reaction to his suspension. Here is what he had to say:

“WWE has certain standards of conduct they expect out of all the Superstars on both RAW and SmackDown. Unfortunately, I violated those standards and was not representing WWE the way I should have been. Basically, my conduct was unbecoming of a champion, which is what I will be again when I return.”

-------------

Reports indicate that Steve Austin was a bit upset at the 2006 Hall of Fame ceremony when Hulk Hogan made the choice to push a possible match between the two before his induction of Mean Gene Okerlund. Austin felt that was not the time or the place to push a big money match as he felt the night belonged to the inductees.

Austin's line about finding a can of "whoop ass" with Hulk Hogan's name on it was not scripted and no one knew Austin was going to say it. The old saying of whoever has the mic last no doubt came into play with this situation as Austin informed people after the show that he planned on saying a few more one-liners at Hogan, but held back when he knew he had the crowd on his side.

Neither Hogan nor Austin had any sort of interaction at the Hall of Fame. Austin has stated on more than one occasion to friends that if it didn't happen this year, it wouldn't happen at all. Austin has made it clear that he has zero intentions of ever wrestling Hulk Hogan.

Previously, Austin was offered a huge seven figure payoff to wrestle Hogan at Wrestlemania, but turned it down. Hogan had reportedly already agreed to the offer and that it was up to Austin to make it happen. Based on what is known, Austin is at peace with never wrestling again and has stated that if he ever comes back for one last match, it would never be against Hulk Hogan as he doesn't want to share a payday with him and get involved in the politics. So if we are to ever see Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin in a WWE ring, it will be up to Austin and if that is the case, many feel it isn't highly likely to happen.

-PWTorch.com

• Members

I know one thing. Orton better get his head out of his ass and stop acting like a damn prima donna before his career goes up in flames. One of the words that he called female workers is beyond vile, and it's saying something that he has not gotten his butt kicked by the boys in the back for his behavior.

• Members

I think we can pretty much assume that the Divas and female workers are treated like second-class citizens. In any other place of employment he would have been terminated by now. I guess he's safe until he says something to Stephanie or Marissa McMahon.

Archived