Wrestling Discussion: WWE, TNA, ECW, etc.

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Road Warrior Animal has been released from his WWE deal. He hasn't had much of a role since Heidenreich was released several months back, so this one isn't really much of a surprise.

-PWInsider.com

June 6, 2006

Beth Phoenix and Lilian Garcia both suffered injuries during last night's RAW in Pittsburgh. Phoenix suffered a fractured mandible, and Lilian recevied a strained and sprained wrist. Dr. Rios was able to provide WWE.com with medical updates on both Divas.

Phoenix's injury occurred during her match against Victoria. Phoenix persevered through the pain of her injury to pick up the victory in her first-ever singles match. After the match, Phoenix was taken to a local medical facility and had successful oral surgery. She had a titanium plate placed in her jaw. Unfortunately for the newcomer, she won't be able to wrestle for two months.

Lilian was shaken up on RAW after being inadvertently knocked off the ring apron by Charlie Haas. Lilian was diagnosed with a strain and sprain in her wrist, but she will be resume her ring announcing duties tomorrow night at WWE vs. ECW Head to Head.

-WWE.com

Kane, 39, has expressed to WWE management that he plans on retiring soon, perhaps as early as January 2007. Kane told management that he has accomplished all he can in his career. Should Kane retire, it won't affect his See No Evil film deal as he signed a contract for a sequel to the movie.

One source within WWE said, "Kane is the most respected guy in the Raw locker room. He carries himself very professionally and it would be ashame to end his career without a decent title run." Kane has stated several times that his 24 hour title reign in 1998 does not bother him, however, many within WWE (including Vince McMahon) feels as though that Kane has been bothered that he has not gotten another title reign in his career. Even though he's technically on RAW, there was some thought to giving him a title win at Judgment Day or No Way Out, but those plans were nixed. Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."

Before his departure, Kane would like to be involved with Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton and John Cena. He would also like to reunite with The Undertaker as a tag team. Additionally, The Undertaker has expressed to management that Kane could possibly be the one to end his undefeated Wrestlemania streak. However, Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

-WrestlingObserver.com

• Members

June 7, 2006

John “Earthquake” Tenta has passed away at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

Tenta performed for both World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling throughout the 90s. He made multiple appearances on wrestling’s grandest stage, participating in matches at WrestleManias VI, VII, VIII, X and X-Seven.

In 1992, Earthquake and his partner Typhoon, collectively known as "The Natural Disasters”, defeated Money Inc. to capture the World Tag Team Championship. Prior to his career in professional wrestling, Tenta made a name for himself in Japan as a highly accomplished Sumo wrestler.

-WWE.com

MSN.com has named RAW as one of the cheesiest shows of all time. You can check out the article if you wish.

The story behind the Undertaker not appearing last week on Smackdown for the Piper's Pit segment was that he was not told of the segment ahead of time and had not agreed to it. He felt that his character was more of a "take action" type guy and turned down doing the segment after he was informed of it. Of course, news had spread that it was scheduled before he was told about it, thus the reason for the changes.

Here is a short list of upcoming WWE DVD releases:

The History of the WWE Championship 9/05/06

Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon 9/26/06

Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology 10/17/06

Born To Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story 11/07/06

The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA 11/21/06

-PWInsider.com

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Orton reveals why he got suspended..

Posted by Aaron Rift on 07/29/2006 at 03:51 PM

The reason behind Randy Orton's 60-day unpaid suspension back in April has finally been revealed - and it was revealed by Randy Orton himself. As it turns out, the "straw that broke the camel's back" that lead to his suspension was when he decided to smoke a rolled marijuana cigarette backstage at the March 28, 2006 SmackDown taping in The Kemper Arena in Kansas City prior to WrestleMania. Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard found out about it and he notified WWE officials. Orton was already in hot water with management and that action was the final straw that lead to his 60-day suspension.

Orton revealed the reasoning behind his suspension in the September 2006 issue of WWE Magazine - which features Trish Stratus on the cover. Here is Orton's response regarding the suspension:

Why are you always acting like such an ass?

I'm not anymore. Not since my 60-day unpaid suspension. My problems came to a head when I decided to smoke a joint and someone smelled it and stooged me off. You know who you are, so if you're reading this, thanks. But I also had a few outbursts of anger on the road. I get loud and verbally abusive. But I've nipped that part of me in the bud.

How so?

I attended an anger management clinic in Atlanta. It cost 15 grand for a four-week stay. I had to live down there on the campus. The first week I was there, I was like, OK, I'll do what I have to do to get out of here." But then I started to realize, wow, I was wrong in a lot of these situations. I just got this reputation of being hard to work with, being a dick and everything in the book. But the truth is, I don't flip out anymore.

Orton also talks about his run-ins with Rochelle Loewen and Amy Weber, being "God's gift to women," getting "too much too soon," fines, and much more in the latest issue of WWE Magazine.

• Members

Hm, I still can't stand Randy Orton. It's a bit upsetting that it took drugs for his "new" change to occur. It makes me wonder if he didn't decide to light up (backstage... how stupid is that?), if he would still be around acting an ass to women and men who are at a lower status than him.

• Members

BREAKING NEWS

After spending three years combating his personal demons, a refocused and rehabilitated Jeff Hardy is prepared to return to the place where he began his career as a teenager.

WWE.com has learned that WWE officials have rehired former Superstar Jeff Hardy, more than three years after his release from the company. WWE.com has tried to contact Jeff about his rehiring for two days, but in typical fashion of the free-spirited Hardy, he has yet to return any of our calls.

For this unique athlete, it has been a turbulent, arduous road back to WWE. In 2003, just as Hardy began to make his ascent to the top of World Wrestling Entertainment, he came crashing down, reportedly because of a drug dependency.

After showing up late for several WWE events and demonstrating a deterioration in his in-ring performance, Hardy’s last match in WWE was on March 24, 2003. In May of that year, after refusing to go into drug rehabilitation, Hardy was subsequently released from WWE.

In 1993, at the age of 16, Jeff and his brother Matt, 19, started working for WWE, wrestling against contracted WWE Superstars. It wasn't until 1998 that the brothers were given full-time WWE deals. That year, the Hardy Boyz almost instantly became top-tier contenders in the WWE Tag Team division.

Both talented risk-takers with dynamic in-ring chemistry, the Hardyz revolutionized sports-entertainment, employing wild aerial maneuvers that did damage to both their opponents and themselves. Capturing both the WWE and WCW Tag Team Championships, the Hardyz made their strongest impact in their epic Tables, Ladders and Chairs Matches with the Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian.

Shortly after the WWE brand extension in 2002, Matt and Jeff were split apart and Jeff found success as a singles star on RAW. After the split, Hardy began to display his most unorthodox side, adding uniquely colored body paint to his ever-changing hair color.

Perhaps the highlight of his singles career was his Ladder Match with Undertaker for the WWE Championship in July 2002. In a match that no one believed Hardy could win, Jeff brought his abilities to a higher level unlike anyone had ever seen in him before. That night, Jeff did not walk out as WWE Champion, but he earned the respect of not only The Phenom, but of all who watched the contest. People started to acknowledge Hardy’s true talent – a talent that was curtailed and snuffed out due to his addiction.

Holding a number of championships, Hardy was en route to reaching the summit of his sports-entertainment career until it all came to an abrupt end due to his erratic behavior and drug use.

Overcoming addiction is arguably the greatest victory of Hardy’s life. And as a renewed Jeff Hardy prepares to reintroduce himself to WWE fans, one can only expect Hardy to earn his greatest career victories and even larger triumphs when he makes his long-awaited return home.

-Credit WWE.com

Archived