AMC - Tuesday - 3/22/2011

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nooo... I don't think you're seeing it. People keep saying that because that's all Bianca's hooked up with.

• Sarah Livingston: Married a man.
  • Laura Kirk English: Flirted but not gay.
  • Frankie Stone: Slept with JR
  • Lena Kundera: Slept with MichaelCambias, flirted/slept(?) with Boyd.
  • Maggie Stone: Had romantic and sexual relationships with Henry, Jamie and Jonathan.
  • Zarf: Enough said.
  • Reese Williams: Had a male fiance and made out with Zach.
  • Marissa Tasker: Slept with the Chandler men.

Bianca has never had a woman who was a confident, secure, undisputed "gold star" lesbian as a love interest. That's the problem. We know that these "late in life" lesbians exist. Hell, that's the only tale they've told with the Bianca character the minute she came out of the closet. Every last woman was either straight until Bianca or chose a man over Bianca because of the cliched excuse of societal expectation. Bianca's the only lesbian who's been on this show who has never been in a relationship with a man, or even had sex with a man to sort out her confusion. The most she did was get tanked and go out on a botched date with Marcus back in high school. It's a blatant attempt at the "creative team" trying to keep their options open with female character... in case they might want to test her out with a male character -- since that's the story they're most comfortable telling anyway.

And, I have to say, from my perspective as an openly homosexual male, I can't relate to Bianca being out for nearly as long as I have, yet constantly falling for someone who has ZERO LIFE EXPERIENCE being out. She really seems stuck behind the eight ball and probably needs someone with experience, rather than yet another fresh-from-the-oven lesbian.

• Members

Exactly. We have no reason to believe that she only only likes guys since her past is a blank. I can definitely buy Marissa as bi. She just happened to fall in love with a guy in PV and now she might be falling for a woman. Being bi would certainly make Marissa at least 10% interesting!

To be fair, Lena was bi and at some point this was clearly established.

• Members

It would be interesting to see how Bianca reacted to him, as well. This could really open a lot of old wounds, maybe start some healing. I think he'd be really supportive. And I think even Jack like Marissa, of course Erica won't. LMAO IF this is done right, it could be a decently told story.

Archived