AMC - Tuesday - 3/22/2011

• Members

I thought Aidan/Annie had some potential and was helpful to her character at a time when they were transitioning her. I did think the writing was poor. Annie/Adam I never cared for because it came across as just the show cuckolding Adam with yet another woman who would probably get tired of him and move on to someone younger.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aidan was horrible with Annie. One minute he was out to set her up and destroy her and the next he was trying to be her savior. He kept going back and forth with that. Aidan's character was a mess by that point as they started writing him evil with no real motivation or clear goal of where they wanted to go with the character. He'd hurt her and then get her to be solely dependent on him. It was a very unhealthy relationship and he took advantage of her. Worse, he had sex with her while she was mentally ill in an institution which under some circumstances could be considered rape. This was definetly his worse pairing as it did more damage to his character than any of the others. Any shred of decency he had prior to this went out the window

• Members

Yeah, that's why I agreed it was poorly written. I thought the story was interesting in the earlier stages when he was her main defender but once she found Adam the night Stuart died the writing shifted.

The whole sex thing was awful but I don't really think the show saw it that way. Mentally ill women having sex seems to be some sign of virile men by ABC Daytime standards.

• Members

no the writing wasnt good from the very beginning. Aidan was doing his back and forth with his personality from the moment he got involved with Annie. By the time she connected with Adam, they were pretty much done. The months prior to that of him were a mess. He was her main defender while being one of her victimizers. He came across manipulative and controlling. She was mentally sick so it was disgusting watching him play her and then the next want her.

• Members

The writing was never good - it was Pratt - I just thought the initial stuff of Annie in that place and Sheridan Crane as her evil doctor and Aidan trying to help her was interesting, especially since at that time everyone else hated her.

• Members

LOLs com'on Cheap! :lol: A great character?

Kendall and Aidan were hot, made sense, Amanda and him was a joke, Di was a rebound but Giddish and him had chem. Anita was wasted on him, Erin *OMG I just remembered that, I always thought of Josh w/ her before Aidan* Aidan was a horrible character, when they broke up Ailee which only worked w/ Sabine's Greenlee it was over, it got to a point where Annie and him weren't believeable at all in any way.

Not much of a sway in court there.

I'm not. She had so much potential, but they got lazy w/ her. Natalie was gorgeous, spunky, but they limited her to being a watered down doctor. She was interesting, had potential, that went down the drain when they couldn't even focus a s/l on the Warners. Her character makes more sense than some of the remaining, ala Krystal & Marissa who pretty much have added to ruining AMC ever since they arrived.dry.gif

• Members

That's exactly why I was on board with a Greenlee/David pairing. She seemed to be someone who knew exactly who he was and accepted it. As a matter of fact, it's the precise reason she chose

to marry him -- then suddenly, she's appalled by his devious tendencies and becomes his victim -- wonk, wonk. I just don't want this happening with Liza -- but considering the same people who dismantled Greenlee and David are writing this... I'm still afraid to tune in.

That was the only time I enjoyed Jake in any form... and I was also into them as a couple more than Greenlee and Leo -- who had run their course by this point.

Thank you. :)

You're confused, babes. Leo and Greenlee, not Josh and Greenlee. Josh Duhamel was the actor and Leo was the character.

• Members

Ugh! Tad'll probably lose Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald because he'll be too busy meddling. Isn't that always the way? He's never interested in a woman until David (or Adam) has her. Then he neglects the woman he's involved with to obsess over the woman HE DUMPED! Thank you for reminding me... I totally forgot about the Tad Factor. -_-

• Members

^This is my real problem with David and Liza. And you're right, as soon as he loses Cara, he'll be interfering in Livid. That's when David will get horrible, obsessive, nasty. But right now, they're actually quite good together. Yes, she's using him to help her take down Erica (not likely the best move, but we'll see how that works out), but if he can do this ie. help her without going to the lengths he did with Greenlee, I think Liza will really start to come around.

That is, until Tad is back sniffing around. :mad:

Archived