How long have you been at SON??

Soapsuds

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'all are too much. :lol: I'll say this though... he and some other people had a web soap/podcast or something and the minute I saw the pic and heard the voice I was like [robot voice]" :wacko: Does not compute... Does not compute... :wacko: "[/robot voice] I don't know how ANYbody fell for that. Plus I'm almost positive I'd seen that actor's pic on the NY audition website I used to belong to. At any rate, he's seemed to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing so God bless him, I don't know him.

• Members

2003? 2004? I honestly cannot remember. A lifetime ago. I remember posting a lot with JackPeyton, sheilaforever, Cheap, SlkyCaramel, a great poster called Hartless and my fabulous General Mobspital. There was also BoSox and juniorz and so many other greats. I would love it if GM and Hartless came back but I think they have moved on, the lucky so-and-sos.

I remember liking SON because people were direct, succinct, smart and funny. Here, the critical thinking was balanced with a lot of knowledge and affection for the genre. I'd see other boards and they'd be all "OMGZ RYIN AND GRENLY R SO HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" Or they'd be collecting money so they could inundate ABC Daytime and their favourite couples with "meaningful" gifts which, I suspect, would go through a bomb disposal search before ever making it to their beloved's dressing room.

• Members

I started lurking in late 2004, signed up and started posting in early 2005. Oh and someone PM me the scoop about Ryan- I never knew what happened to him and why he left. Never thought he was cool though. I got into it with him over at AltSON (re: pay to post) and he kissed my ass when this board (finally! :lol: ) went up. Either way, I wants the scoop!

Cat, I'm with you on those missed posters. I miss them and AnnaWorldTurner, one of my other old faves. Chad/SuperFlyChad is another one that left for parts unknown- I miss his posts.

I always get kinda excited when I see SpiritualJunkie or BingCherry (welcome back!) posting here and there.

• Members

My profile says October of 2005, that sounds about right. I don't post often though because compared to most of ya'll I feel like an idiot. :lol: Especially when it comes to the history of soaps and longevity of character, etc etc. I've watched many soaps through the years, but never paid attention to directing, lighting, costumes, etc. I merely watched for the stories. Ya'll are HARDCORE though!! I don't feel worthy, so I usually just lurk and read. B)

• Members

Becki, I know how you feel, my scope of soap knowledge is dwarfed by a lot of folks here, but don't ever let that keep you from posting! :) You are the rule, not the exception. We could use more fans who comment on the shows solely based on what's seen on the screen for more well-rounded discussion.

• Members

I guess GMOB closed his soap board?? I can't get into it anymore. General Mobspital is on Facebook......lol. I liked Hartless too. She just disappeared. We shared the same birthday.

I miss there posts too along with SilkCaramel.

BingCherry was moving to Aussie Land when I last spoke to him. I'm not sure if he is back in the states or still in Aussie Land. I am glad he is back too.

Yup....he has his own soap board now.

• Members

I think I finally joined around 2006 but i had been lurking since 2004 I beleive. I'm not a big poster but I have always enjoyed reading all the topics and for the most part people are pretty respectful of other peoples opinions. There has definately been a lot of drama on here but compared to other sites it really isn't much. I remeber at one point Terri had a similar name as me so when i was posting people thought it was him. :lol: Those were good times.

Archived