83rd Academy Awards Live Thread

Adam

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that the ending was the best part and I don't even like precocious children with their literal hand movements to each lyric. But it got me, and by the end when Melissa Leo was singing along, yeah, that was great.

• Members

Of course, Mr. Icy Black Heart thought the ending was lame. I loved Franco rolling his eyes and shaking his head when Anne started randomly high-fiving the kids. Hilarious.

But anyway, I know I'm going to be all alone on this, but generally, I've seen more effective acting on soaps than I did in the Best Actress clips.

Also, next time they do a montage of Best Original Song winners, I better hear a Muzak version of "Last Dance" in that. Just sayin'.

• Administrator

Also, instead of having the one person (Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock in this situation), they should revert to past years and have 5 people who know the actors come out and say nice things about the nominees - it just adds a personal touch to them.

• Members

Probably one of the worst Oscar telecasts ever.... what on earth were some of these women tonight thinking with their fashion choices? Half of Anne's million costume changes were terrible. Kathryn Bigelow????

The show seemed very disjointed, and a little too loose for my liking. I was not impressed. The opening with James and Anne with the whole "Inception" into all the Best Pic movies I really enjoyed and was hopeful these two were going to do a great job.... well it all ended there. James appeared out of it and looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but there, and Anne was choking on a huge ham the whole night. I love Anne, but she was absolutely terrible.

As the for the actual awards, as expected they were predictable as hell. Tom Hooper as Best Director? Give me a break. Its bad enough they passed on Nolan for a nomination, but I feel a movie like The King's Speech could have been directed by anyone? I don't know, I was really hoping they'd give it to Fincher... albeit not his best effort, but I mean... alot more inspired than the directing in The King's Speech.

Melissa Leo was awesome! Portman was great, but her speech was rather long, thanking your make-up artist? Umm ok.

Kirk Douglas was a bit amusing for the first little bit, but that went on too long. I was waiting for him to keel over on stage :ph34r:

Yeah... initial reviews... terrible!

Archived