ABC Daytime to Make Major Lineup Decisions in Coming Weeks

• Members

With Cam, even though his looks have faded a bit, he's still a nice-looking man IMO. No, he's hardly a great actor, but I sense that he does his best to sell the material. He acts the hell out of what he's given to the best of his limited abilities. You can tell he cares about the character and the show in general. I generally find Rylee insufferable and unwatchable, but there's no denying he does what he can with the material. I don't get that from MEK at all. He just looks so lost and removed from it all. Totally not interested. He's not even trying. I suppose if he were better looking, I could tolerate his part in the story. I know, I must sound like the shallowest person who ever shallowed LOL, but part of the viewing experience for me, whether it be soaps or any genre, is seeing attractive people. They don't have to be model-gorgeous. In fact, I'm not much attracted to plastic looking guys, but I like seeing at least real-life attractive people on screen.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually Malone 2.0 was ALL gothic over the top camp IMHO--but that's a diff kind of camp I admit ;) Higley was just... Besides slow it felt mean spirited but I thinkit could be called camp as well--I mean that's how the rape of Todd was played...

But people are right that under Tomlin the show was if anything even more campy with the shirtless men and gay sensibility.

Maybe I blame the combo of RC with FV--that video interview they did around the time of Kish and the way they fed off each other just gave me a... feeling.

I kinda agree with that, but MEK has moments (and I think he DOES care about the show, and from that Oprah clip it was obvious he knew he wasn't looking his best--though neither is someone like, say, Bo on OLTL, and frankly I sorta like when not everyone on a soap is model fit). MEK really came alive with lots of his scenes with Damon--no matter what you thought of the story--so I was sorry to see that go and while I don't see him and Cara with much romantic potential he also has a nice easy charm with her. And to give him credit, he's done his best with some incredibly off character moments (the burial of the Doctor being the obvious one). True Cam has had some questionable (ahem fight club) stories too but he handles them the way he handles everything--though I did like him earlier on as a charming con man more.

Bringing this back to OLTL I'm wishing they'd give Brody a bit more edge. He's starting to be way too ernest, and while I like that OLTL actually has a strong, NICE male character under 50, I think they're starting to make him seem kinda dim witted. Granted for soaps--and any writing--it's hard to make the straight (no pun intended) nice guy or girl not boring and kinda dumb, but RC particularly has trouble with this (which is one reason I liked Fish...)

• Members

They can always use the excuse of his war time to throw him back into psycho mode when they want, the way they use Jess' DID, etc. While I don't think anyone is ever completely cured from issues like that-0-in Llanview they only ever are for a few months. Then again when the town's best shrink is Marty...

• Members

I think Brody should remain a leading man on this show and they should re-invest in him. Mark Lawson is incredible and deserves so much more - if this were the '80s or even much of the '90s, he would not simply be a chewtoy for Jessica. He would be rooted with these children he's raising and go on regardless.

• Members

This just won't work. I remember the Dick Clark one... and it sucked. Sorry, but a group of men talking about shitz isn't as entertaining. Now, if they did a View-type show with a gay male panel..... YES! :lol:

OMG, or better yet..... a panel of Drag Queens!

I have to make this happen.

• Members

I never liked Brody and don't view him as NICE guy. Just my opinion. He was wrong to have slept with Natalie. He was wrong to have kept it a secret. He was wrong to have pushed Jessica about Mitch and forcing her to remember. He was wrong to keep pursuing her while she wasn't mentally stable - I don't understand how he kept trying to date her and make her fall in love with him while she thought she was 17 and that was ok, but when she slept with Ford, that was rape. Um, Brody, YOU were trying to sleep with her all along! I also don't like how he always relies on violence and threats about how he was in the marines and is a cop, blah blah blah, to solve his problems. Honestly, the next time he lays his hands on someone, they need to file charges. JMHO.

• Members

OK, so my new Drag Queen version of The View will be called The T and the panel will be:

-Lypsinka (the mother hen/Barbara of the group)

-Lady Bunny (Drag version of Joy)

-Raven (from Drag Race... the bitch)

-Jujubee (also from Drag Race)

-Hedda Lettuce

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9TJV8K8G55s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived