Egyptian Government on Verge of Collapse

Adam

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want to make it sound as I consider myself to be this elitist whatever, but she, together with a huge chunk of other media, just dumbs down issues and chews them to make them more digestible. People can be clever, no need to underestimate them. Your public is as idiotic as you want them to be. Which, I presume, actually is the goal, to make people less smart and make them not care or something.

That's true. :)

• Administrator

The images/footage of people on horses and CAMELS was jaw dropping. Crazy.

So many reporters are being attacked now. Major props to them for putting their neck on the line like this.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/more-journalists-attacked-arrested-detained-cairo-24435?page=0,0

Kudos to her for getting that. She really is one of the best in her field.

• Members

Anderson Cooper tonight is broadcasting from an undisclosed location and he actually stated he is fearful for what comes next. Many are speculating Mubarak's regime is going to take the main square by force to push the anti-government protesters out which would explain why they are going to great lengths to snuff out the foreign media.

• Members
So to break this down further...people are speculating the "Muslim Brotherhood' mobs attacking news crews are actually people Mubarak hired to keep their cameras off of what he's about to do next: which is basically send the police back out to the streets to bust some heads and kill more people who are anti-government. Do I have it right?

• Members

I am not saying the Mubarak regime is in "cahoots" with the Muslim Brotherhood as you seem to be suggesting. That wasn't my point at all. My point was though whether the foreign media censorship is government orchestrated or not, it certainly makes it easier for pro-Mubarak forces or the regime itself to retaliate in an unjustifiable manner against the anti-regime protesters.

A side note though, even without "censorship" we aren't getting the full story. I know that. The American media especially clearly has an agenda in all of this, despite people like Cooper saying we just are after the "truth".

Archived