The Talk gets renewed for a second season

dragonflies

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

I didn't realize their ratings were worse than ATWT's. Jeez. They're even worse than what ATWT was doing the week before CBS announced the cancellation (thanks, SON Ratings Archive!!). This is a textbook example of a show being cheap enough to afford low ratings.

Also a textbook example of "It's cheaper to keep her...help me say it yall, it's cheaper to keep herrrrr."

But yeah, I never paid attention to The Talk's ratings, so this makes me happy. "Ratings roll." Get the f out of here with that s.

• Members

Right, but it's funny that they're acting like the show's success is built on its ratings be so much better than ATWT's. Of course, no network is going to come out and say that a show is doing better than its predecessor simply because it's cheaper to make, but my icy, black, vindictive little heart rejoices to know that more people were tuning into the very worst of ATWT than they are into The Talk.

• Members

I think people ignore it because there's been focus on how the show is doing better than ATWT, at least in demos. I generally think from a PR standpoint a lot of the spin on The Talk hasn't been the greatest, although I do think it makes sense to talk about how the show is doing better than what was in the slot before it. It makes more sense to me than the whole "Look how much better we're doing than OLTL" spin. But when they start to go down to ATWT levels, or lower, that means more scrutiny.

I really do wonder if CBS would have been better off putting The Talk in the LMAD timeslot and focusing on heavy repair work for ATWT. I think that ATWT could have found some footing again if someone had cared, and that also would have helped The Talk, having a solid lead-in. It was only 3-4 years ago that ATWT still had a good-sized audience. Meanwhile B&B just keeps bleeding and is a very empty show which seems to have few possibilities of improving.

Archived