The Talk gets renewed for a second season

dragonflies

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched some of it today for Betty White. The women dont seem to talk over each other like they do on the View and they actually allow the guest to talk. Once when Betty White was on the View, she was talking and while she was talking, Sherri Shepherd opened her BIG mouth. VERY RUDE.

Also the episode made me hungry for a hot dog :D

• Members

Oh, but that's just it. I don't think I should be bitter towards The Talk because it isn't their fault. But I'm being openly defiant and going against my own principles to be bitter as hell towards The Talk. I just hate the idea of the whole freaking show, I hate Julie Chen, and if the fact that it replaced ATWT adds more fuel to that fire, so be it.

• Members
"Up Next-" is the new "But first-"

I love when Julie Chen gets personal. It's a rare occurence, but great when she shares personal stories. When she told Emily Procter about looking down and peeing for the first time after having Charlie, I LMFAO.

• Members
I love how she was all(to Leah) "Quit trying to make me touch the bear, please." LOL.

The only thing I couldn't quite stand about her was when she shut Sharon down today(during the whole mom arrested for lying about the address so her kids could go to a better school) by saying, "Well, that's your opinion." Well, no sh*t, Julie! Really?

I wish Julie would let them say things without her having to interject that for fear of backlash against the show. We know Sharon's opinion doesn't reflect everyone's on the show.

And it wouldn't have killed Julie to play devil's advocate just to put the other side out there if she felt Sharon was coming on too strong. Meredith did that for years on The View without just saying, "Well, that's your opinion."

• Members

All My Shadows wrote...

Still ain't watching the [!@#$%^&*]. Yes, I'm bitter over ATWT, and yes, I intend to remain bitter.

No offense, but I've never really understood being bitter over canceling a TV series. Not on this board, but I've even seen people say "how dare CBS cancel ATWT", as if it were exempt from the rules that other TV shows have to follow (i.e. get good ratings or get canceled). The object of the networks is to make money...some people seem to forget that its a business and are only reminded of that when their favorite show is gone. My personal opinion is "its just a TV show" and what good does holding a bitter grudge or placing blame on successor shows do to someone?

Julie may have done that for legal reasons. Something similar was mentioned on-air several months ago about a mother letting her young daughter take an exercise class that included a "stripper" pole. Julie said that their legal department would not sign off on airing footage from the class.

Sharon Osbourne had mentioned the prosecutor in the case about the mother lying on school applications and had urged viewers to write letters to him/her. Julie's interjection of "that's your opinion" may have been a way of saying that "Sharon's opinions are not necessarily the views of "The Talk", etc." just like that disclaimer appears at the beginning of DVD's that have commentary on them. Producers may also be more skittish considering what happened in Tucson with the attempted assassination of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.

• Members
:lol: I don't blame the CBS Legal Department! I missed that show, but I actually saw a clip of them discussing that the other day on YouTube or somewhere and Leah(in her usual, one-way of seeing everything)was like, "My daw-tur Sofeeuh is feyevuh. Eyed nevur giv' mi daw-tur a stripper polllllll."

I just wished Julie wouldn't have done it in such an abrupt, condescending kind of way. Or maybe that's not the way she meant it, but it came off that way.

I feel in shows where everyone expresses their opinions and feelings, that disclaimer is already understood. But I still feel as if they handled this discussion(as they do with every other discussion) 10X better than they handle topics on The View. They spend full segments on topics and everyone gets a word in, unlike on The View where they just mad dash from one topic to the next to the next in the span of seven minutes. I prefer the lengthy discussion.

Archived