The Talk gets renewed for a second season

dragonflies

• Members

It's not that ratings don't matter, it that being cheaper makes it easier for CBS to give them more time. A new soap with these ratings would be under far more pressure to perform but The Talk has wiggle room. It's not playing by the same rules the soaps are and trying to judge them by those rules is pointless.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We all know The Talk will be given a chance because Chen and Moonves are involved. Personally, I don't think it SHOULDN'T be given a chance, but realistically, I don't see it ever becoming a ratings winner. I simply think the format is all wrong for that hour. If that show is truly geared for "stay at home" moms, I think an earlier time slot would serve it better.

• Members

OK, I'm one of the main proponents of the "It's because she's screwin' the boss!!" theory, but come on, yall are just ignoring simple facts now. The Talk is cheap. The ratings it has now were bad for ATWT but for a show that costs much less to make, the ratings are not as bad. They're not "giving it a chance" because it's obviously performing well enough for them turn a decent profit.

Let's just take comfort in the fact that when ATWT ended and The Talk began, many televisions across the country switched off. That's really all we have!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Actors from Bold and the Beautiful will be on tomorrow:

B&B Stars Get THE TALK!

Check out CBS's THE TALK today and tomorrow at 2 p.m. EST, as the stars of BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL drop by to chat! Today, Thursday, will feature the men of B&B —Ronn Moss (Ridge), Zack Conroy (Oliver), Jack Wagner (Nick) and Texas Battle (Marcus). Tomorrow, Friday, Susan Flannery (Stephanie), Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke) and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood(Steffy) will sit down with the ladies of THE TALK. Additionally, today's episode boasts some exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of some unexpected guests dropping by the B&B set!

Archived