AMC: Friday, January 14, 2011

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Debbi Morgan's leave of absence was announced the first week in December. Approximately around the time these episodes were taped (AMC was six weeks ahead toward the end of the fall, due to the two week Holiday break at the end of December), which means Angie will be offscreen for over a month, so they had to explain her absence.

• Members

I just had to let this out. I reach my boiling point every day over at a different board reading some of the posts. Believe it or not there are actually some Marissa fans out there who think this girl is important. There is a clan over on this other board who just love her (and can't stand Annie) and are actually hoping that JR & Marissa find their way back to each other & work through their marriage. This is pathetic but I really get worked up sometimes while reading their posts, they're so laughable!! There are people who boarderline worship this girl and think she's the greatest. Some were devastated when BA left...lol.

• Members

Mmmmm, I dunno about that. There are several celebrity examples to prove otherwise. When you are attractive and can conceivably have almost anyone your looks and money can buy at any time you want, perhaps another side of your inner self seeks something deeper for wifey/put a ring on it material. I mean, you can always cheat with the hotness, but you don't have to respect hotness in the morning nor do you necessarily want her raising your kids.

• Members

It's not Marissa's looks (or lack thereof) which make her irrelevant and a bad match for JR, it's her personality & hypocrisy. She's a goody-goody who can't abide JR's manipulative/evil side, even in business. She will never be able to accept ALL of JR Chandler -- she fell in love with the cancer-version, who was really JR Martin. Now that JR's cancer-free and has his stones back, there's no way these two can stay together. Annie accepts all parts of JR -- crookedness and all. Mostly because Annie has those same components inherent in her personality as well.

But I don't buy Annie going cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs over Marissa. She used to scoff at Mrs. Extra-Special Pink Flannel Love...Annie wasn't even jealous of her when she was married to JR! And now we're supposed to believe that she is going nuts because she's worried about Marissa? REALLY? :wacko:

• Members

What's so special about Marissa? She's a sainted Carey who is going to save JR's soul, dammit! Don't you people know anything??? :lol: I am not sure I buy Annie being threatened by Marissa, either. Either way, I think one thing is true-Annie actually does love JR. She didn't go cuckoo(much) with Adam or Scott.

• Members

I dont see this as love. Its playing off more like a sick obsession

yeah that I dont get. Its completely unrealistic based on the fact that its not consistent with the dynamics of this group. Annie being so threatened by Marissa to the point that she is going crazy over jealous is just ridiculous

• Members

I refuse to believe that Marissa, as a character has any real fans who like her for her and the only reason why anyone would want JR and Marissa reunited is to stick it to Annie.

It's always all about Annie. :wub:

I can buy Annie being jealous over Miss Pink Flannel Love just because I think any woman spending time with JR would make Annie jealous. I think the only woman Annie tolerates JR being around is Colby.

• Members
Why not? Her loving dad did it and only owned up to her when his back was against the wall... and her dear ole mother didn't mind one bit that she was forgotten and swept under the rug lol

I wish Cassandra had been around too... maybe she would have been the one who was in love with Jesse and his hidden family and I really would have loved for someone to have called Jesse out on what he was and what he did instead of being mad for a second and then going right back to thinking his poop didn't stink.

• Members

Unfortunately when it comes to soap operas and fanbases, there are alot of delusional people out there. I mean for god sakes there is a Rylee channel on youtube with hundreds of episodes clipped to just feature their scenes. Its insane.

• Members

I wasn't saying its anything new or unique, just commenting. Delusional perhaps was the wrong word to use. Misguided perhaps? Diluted by inherent biases? We all are subject to those. With soaps, with anything. Just go look at the politics thread :unsure:

• Members

Precisely!

Exactly.

No, it's because you hate Eunice and want Tamara Braun to show her up. I love you, but you've been praising this chick practically since she uttered her first word.

Sure as hell doesn't make it sane. <_<

The only reason Rylee has any support, in my opinion, is due to the CFF's (Character Fan First). They'll put their favorite characters ahead of anything. Bad story, bad behavior, bad romantic pairing... because it's their favorite character and will support them no matter what. So, my theory is there are die hard Greenlee fans and die hard Ryan fans that stand behind Rylee But I just can't imagine people being enamored by Rylee as a single brand itself.

Archived