2011 NAACP Image Award Nominees

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The category is really a stretch now, since there aren't many minorities that do anything on soaps. There is no point in nominating people for doing practically nothing. These days, all you have to do is be black and walk past in the background for two seconds on a soap to get nominated for an Image Award.

• Members

I think that people like Sean Ringgold, , Shannon Kane and Tika Sumpter should have been nominated in place of some other people on this list. I thought Sean did a nice job with the Greg revealing his secret storyline on OLTL. I enjoyed his acting in that storyline.

• Members

I hear ya.....especially when several actors listed for the Bell soaps(B&B and Y&R )are damn near invisible. Come on, Tatyana Ali, Tonya Lee Williams? When have they had an ACTUAL Story line... let alone in a scene within the last 6mths? Same goes for the B&B nominees...they're non-existent. I think this is just based on the popularity of the show/actor...they're not even thinking about actual actors who do get some storylines.

My predictions the awards will go to Debbie Morgan and Darnell Williams. Not to take away from the actors....but they're soap vets...so even if they didn't have a SL...they'd still win.

Archived