OLTL: It's good to be King-TV Guide Article

• Members

About Ted King's new role:

He'll play a struggling Parisian artist simply known as Tomas. His last name is hush hush for now cause down the line it'll be revealed he's related to a certain someone in Llanview. He's also Blair's new love interest. Blair will go to Paris to find Tomas(she's never met him)-after she discovers he's the one who painted the portrait of her.

Ted moved his family from LA to NY cause the role is that good. He was negotiating with another soap when OLTL made the offer. Frank(Valentini) told him everything he wanted to hear which included an opportunity to cocreate the role

Tomas is a recluse with a secret bigger than his connection to Llanview. Ted King says Tomas and Blair share some wine and that it's clear she's on a bigger mission than a painting, she's looking to connect with someone on a whole other level

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any relation to Todd or Tea will be about their awesomeness and he will exist only to service their stories. The same is true if he is related to the Fords. This all seems to suggest a short term stay, so I hope Ted isn't too sure he's going to be on the show for a long time.

All this Blair stuff seems like a ruse to push his real story, which will probably have little to do with Blair.

• Members

For his sake I hope it is but I keep remembering how casually OLTL dumped actors who were touted as good hires, from Andrea Evans to A Martinez to Scott Clifton. The only new hires who have stayed around in the last few years have been cheap and/or generally talentless.

• Members

I'm skeptical.

A Parisian artist? I'm sick of soaps and art. Unless Blair is going to be able to walk through paintings, I don't desire to watch any lame stories involving art and etc. The only intriguing and perhaps most promising thing about this role is that King's character will be related to someone in Llanview, hopefully not to the Fords.

• Members

Could he be related to Echo or is that too left field? Doesn't she have some European background?

I dunno, I can go with this, though I never think it's a good thing when actors are allowed to co-create their roles (well, depending--I mean unless you're a recast doesn't an actor in a sense always co create their roles?)

• Members

Full Article:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ted-King-OLTL-1027556.aspx

Vive la difference! Former General Hospital baddie Ted King is cleaning up his act and moving to One Life to Live on January 21 as a struggling Parisian artist simply known as Tomas. The mystery man's last name is hush-hush for now because it'll eventually be revealed that he's related to a certain someone in Llanview. He'll also be the new love interest for Blair Cramer, the heartbreak heroine played by Kassie DePaiva. The plot: Blair jets to Paris to track down Tomas — whom she's never met — to find out why he painted a portrait of her. It's not just any portrait, but one copied from a photo taken of Blair at one of her weddings to Todd (back when Roger Howarth was playing the role...cue the Howarth rumors!).

"I'm turning my world upside down for this job," says King, who became a dad for the first time this past October and then had to relocate his wife and newborn from L.A. to New York. Yes, the deal is that good. "I was negotiating with another soap when I got the offer from OLTL," King says. "[Exec producer] Frank Valentini told me everything I wanted to hear. That included an opportunity you don't often get in this business: I got to co-create the role. Hopefully, we can carve out something together that's really special."

Tomas, he says, is a recluse with a secret much bigger than his connection to Llanview. "He's a little out of touch with reality — the kind of guy who'll go buy a beautiful bottle of Bordeaux instead of paying his rent," King says. "I love the character's spontaneity. He wants to live in the moment and doesn't care about the practical things in life."

And he's ripe for the pickin'. Says King: "Tomas and Blair sit down and share some wine and it's clear she's on a bigger journey in life, one that's about much more than a painting. She's looking to connect with someone on a whole other level. It's beautifully written."

Archived