SOD: 2011 Previews

• Members

"There will be new and unexpected romances with characters that we know and love," says Executive Producer Ken Corday.

Rafe/Sami/EJ/Nicole/Taylor/Stefano: "Part of this story is the power of children to make parents rational again. In a way, EJ's humanity comes through Johnny, and he realizes he can't stand in the way of a child's relationship with his mother. EJ is also humanized by the arrival of Nicole's younger sister, Taylor. I had to use the cliché, but it's some enchanted evening. It's the moment that happens a few times or one time in your life where you meet someone and it's, 'Oh, my God.' And that's what we're banking on here with these two. At the same time, Rafe has a serious car accident, which has huge ramifications. Stefano is more monstrous than he's ever been in the impersonal way of handling the people he loves. He's more of the megalomaniac than he has been in a long time, which I like."

Daniel/Chloe/Philip/Nathan/Stephanie/Kate: "It has all hit the fan and is all the huge fallout of that, which viewers have waited a long time to see. And it takes a long time to play out. Melanie learns she's pregnant. Nathan finds out about Stephanie's deception and calls off their wedding. Chloe takes extreme measures to win back Danie's love, but it backfires. What about little Parker? What happens to him?"

Hope/Bo/Carly/Ben/Jennifer: "Bo and Hope are reunited on the run. At the same time, Jennifer realizes that Ben isn't what he seems, so she and Carly do some sleuthing and are stunned when they realize what's really going on in the prison. There is an exciting end to this story: People get their comeuppance and Jennifer is left in a life-and-death situation where Lee surgically removes her heart - and only someone already on the canvas can help her find it again."

Maggie/Victor/Vivian/Brady: "Brady is going to go back to being the bad Brady. We like him as the bad Brady. He's going to take Titan for himself. He and Kate will also strand Vivian and Gus on a deserted Island, but like a true penny, Vivian always turns up. It's pure comic relief."

Will/Gabi/Chad/Abby: "We'll see the budding romance with Will and Gabi here and eventually, we'll add Abby and Chad to the mix. You have to water the roots with the new generation and they are here to stay."

DR Link

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Corday is so dedicated to saving this show and creating buzz but he doesn't understand if he did Chad/Will he'd get a shitload of press again. And isn't that Chad kid a DiMera or something?

Also, did he just say he's going to do EJ and Natalia Livingston? Yeah, this was called Nem on GH and it's not going to work any better here. Livingston might be passable but she is simply not on James Scott's level.

No reason for Daniel to be on canvas or the Hernandii. Also, they are constantly misusing Stephanie (who is also a tragic miscast), Phillip, Brady and Chloe, all characters who could be individuals, dynamic and fresh but instead are interchangeable and largely anonymous, except for, oddly enough, Molly Burnett's Melanie.

Missy Reeves was desexualized long ago which renders any pairing of her with anyone other than Matt Ashford inert. If they're not going to deal with Jack properly - and they should; he should be on canvas, making real trouble and actually being edgy again - then they need to actually go there with her sex drive again, as much as the Reeves clan allows. Because Kristian Alfonso is too much of a space alien now, so DAYS's only shot at another beloved tentpole heroine with a passionate love life, like Marlena once had, is Jennifer Horton.

• Members

This is a damn mess. Melanie pregnant?! Philip just had a kid in Parker, I guess this baby won't make it to full term.

That Jennifer spoiler is beyond stupid.

So glad to see EJ is being moved away from Sami, long overdue.

I still want Will/Chad and why is there no reference to him being a DiMera? They have totally half-assed that story.

The Vivian spoiler is so stupid, she is back to being comic relief... she needs to go if this is all she is going to get.

• Members

Melanie is going to lose the baby, I think. If she had slept with both Philip and Nathan, I would feel differently.

I think the Jennifer thing will play better than it sounds. I think Corday just threw that out there for shock value.

I think these sound good. My only issue is that there is nothing about Chad/Stefano. Glad it seems EJ and Sami are finally away from each other romantically.

• Members

I'm glad it looks like EJ is going to finally move on from Sami. I'll be looking forward to seeing his scenes with Taylor. Can't wait to see Natalia Livingston back on my screen ...;-).

Rafe gets in a car accident? All that's missing is the part where he dies. Maybe Corday left that part out...I'm hoping, really hoping!! smile.gif

Daniel/Chloe/Philip/Nathan/Stephanie stuff looks awesome! So glad Nathan calls off the wedding with Stephanie. But Melanie pregnant? WTH? Why?? sad.gif Philip already has a newborn baby, DAYS. Unless that baby is magically Nathan's, I just think this is a stupid move...

I literally yelled out "WTF" when I read that Jen spoiler. Seriously?? Taking her heart out...wow. I'll just wait to see how things really happen but I can't help but feel dumbstuck over that.

There isn't even anything about Maggie or Victor in the Maggie/Victor/Brady/Vivian paragraph....it's all about Brady and Vivian, which I think all sounds stupid. What a joke....and what about Magstor? I see no spoilers about them, maybe Ken left that part out to.

So basically, DAYS isn't going to do diddly squat with the younger characters. *sigh* I like all of them and wish the show would do more...I was hoping something would happen with Abby in the mix soon but I guess not. And also, why no spoilers about Chad/Stefano?

• Members

God I hated Natalia Livingston as Emily on GH. HATED. When she won for Supporting Actress at the Emmys, it was the ruination of the awards as I saw it.

Having said that... I am intrigued to see how she is going to do on Days. And how she will meld with James Scott. I will be the first to eat my words if it all goes NEm, though. PleasePleasePLEASE Soap Gods, make it not become NEm!

Maggie/Victor?

Stefano/Kate?

Will/Chad?

I'm not even going to touch that Jennifer's heart thing. Agree with Vee, though -- she needs a pairing, and a hot, sexy, swoony one. Paging the dude who played Peter Blake!

Archived