SOD Best and Worst 2010

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was Chloe ever a "firecracker"? At best she was a half-lit sparkler that occasionally flared. I think it's telling that her character has continued to slump even without him, and that the much-hyped Chloe/Ronan amounted to him using her for a booty call.

Best Story -- so they stopped watching it about 2 months ago.

Hello 1996! Hello 1997! Hello 1998! And so on. This is Kelly. The main reason for her return not working is the character -- in 15 years they have never give her any motivation. I find it hard to believe that a romance with Reed that was over in about a week was a deficit.

I am certainly happy they brought John Dixon back and had Lucinda get a happy ending, and I thought Abigail's return was well done, but otherwise ATWT made no effort with returns and did not deserve to be mentioned.

David's returns were pathetic and just put a big red flag over how pointless the character has become, IMO. Especially the one where he was there solely to get Kim out of town.

• Members

It's always gratifying when one's favourite couples are both mentioned on this list in positive ways. That makes me smile. biggrin.gif

Interesting bit on Michael as worst kept secret. I haven't read the actual magazine yet to see their rationale, but from where I'm sitting if it's about keeping the secret then GH has done a bang-up job. None of the characters knows what happened and even the audience has been left to speculate, so that means the mechanics of this secret are far better than other soap secrets which are spilled within seconds and held over the head of the character for years. If it's content, then aren't the jumping the gun since we still don't know what happened? If it's most disturbing secret, then just call it that.

• Members

Ironicaly, their pick for best kept secret should have been worst. WTF in their right mind actually think Rex's paternity was the best? That thing has been rewritten, retconned and been made into such a mess for years. Thats a secret I wish the show would just give up and let die, but they feel the need to constantly change up who his parents are.

• Members

Yep, we were once led to believe Bo was a potential father as well as a whole list of other men they teased including Spencer Truman, Jackie, Snoop Dogg, David Vickers, RJ, Cain Rogan. His potential mothers included Roxy, Paige, Lily and now its allegedely Echo. Rex's retconned paternity rivals John Black on Days but Rex seems worse considering this all happened within a span of 4 years.

• Members

Is it the worst kept secret, or just the worst secret?

I thought Michael in prison was a good story, and it started going into territory not normally seen on daytime soaps. The problem is GH seems to be scared of its own stories and now rather than saying just what it is that happened to Michael, he has conveniently gotten over his trauma and found an understanding woman. He is healed, therefore there is no need to ever mention his secret again. That makes it the worst secret for me: they forgot about it. If GH is scared of man on man rape in prisons, then no one forced them to write about it. But since they did, I think they should go with it.

Archived