Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I tend to look at 1994-1997 as one of those periods when Y&R was still delivering consistently, but nothing on a whizz-bang level like when the George Rawlings or David Kimble storylines were still going.  It wasn't bad, it wasn't NOT bad, it was just chugging along.

• Members

Spring/Summer 1998 and onwards until 2000 the show was BETTER than in the previous years, IMO.

The - as I remember it - unexpexted longevity of the Phyllis character did indeed change the dynamics of the show slightly. It was so delicious to look at Michelle Stafford playing her tantrums in the apartment set with Joani for months, though.

• Members

Now you are mixing things up in the timeline. Around 2000 there was a shift in stories that at least I didn’t like as much as the previous two years which were pure gold. If I recall correctly, at this time Trent Jones got promoted to co-head writer. By late 2002 Jack Smith got promoted to co-head writer and eventually surpassed Kay Alden in seniority. He became head and she became co-head writer. By 2005 Smith was burnt out due to a family crisis (2004-2005 were uneven…) which lead to the shift to Lynn Marie Latham and the end of the Y&R which we loved and cared for.

Edited by sheilaforever