The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Daryl a lot, but I thought he was going to buy it last year and be replaced by Merle. I think he's got maybe another year or two in him, but at this point it's inevitable that they're going to start killing more of the old guard.

• Members

A lot of people have been having that same feeling--Daryl seems like he doesn't have too much time left in him. As for killing the old guard, it better be inevitable. I don't know if most people watch for the zombies and to see people bitten, but any story is only as interesting as its characters, and if they start getting rid of the core people, there will be nothing left to draw in this viewer. Ultimately, I have to believe that it's who all this craziness happens to that attracts the viewers. I have a feeling they know that as well, that's why none of the really popular actors who are core have been killed/written off.

I think he's too popular as well. But do you really think they would kill off Rick? (Unless it happens in the comics, in which case, I don't wanna know!)

I don't know if I would count Shane, only because (other than the zombies) he was the main villain at that point and it felt like his story had really come to an end. I mean, there was no way to keep him around, unless he disappeared for a good long while and came back (which I presume Phillip will do at some point).

Edited by YRBB

• Members

It depends on how much they deviate from the comic. I think Daryl is the main draw for many now so I think he'd survive over Rick.

In Shane's case, he lasted quite a bit longer on the show than he did in the comic. Beyond that, there was also the whole Frank Darabont issue (most of the actors who worked most often with Darabont pre-TWD are gone...the one left is Melissa McBride).

Speaking of McBride, there's a two-page interview with her in the new Sci-Fi Magazine (December issue).