DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Real Roman, John, Marlena, Victor, Kate (Debra Adair), Lucas, Bill (Christopher Stone), Laura (Jamie Lyn Bauer), Vivian, Ivan, the whole town, ... Bill wants to tell Lucas he is his son. Lucas wants to search for his father. Laura is furious with Bill. The party is beginning. Vivian taunts Laura is she just going to let this happen? Laura says NO, she is not. End of show. Friday cliffhanger.

• Members

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO VERY MUCH! I LOVED THIS STORYLINE!

And Vivian and Laura's "Friendship" always was such a treat to watch!

And what A Hunk Jason/Peter Was!!!!!! I get you Missy! I REALLY do! Lol

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

A fancy dress party at the Kiriakis mansion. Debra Adair is Kate Roberts, Victor's wife. Lucas wants to perform a search to find his father who is unknown to him. Bill Horton wants to tell Lucas he is his father. Laura Horton (JLB) is furious with Kate & with Bill. Somehow Kate is responsible for her losing 18 years of her life. Laura steps out of the crowd to say something ...

• Members

He Was With Laura First, But their marriage crumbled after the reveal that Mike was Bill's Son (Via Rape)! So Mickey is Like "You SOB, you took her from me and didn't have the decency to respect her?"

Thank you very much! Those are years that I am unfamiliar with and would like To enjoy seeing the Final Years Of Kristian's Unmatched Beauty topped with some good acting! 

• Members

I want to believe that Susan Flannery's Laura would have behaved exactly as Jaime Lyn Bauer's Laura did in those scenes.  Given everything that I have read about her years in Salem, however, I just can't.  Even if I were to accept that JLB's Laura behaved as she did because she had spent the last two decades in a sanitarium, or that she was then under the enormous influence of her "friend" Vivian and Ivan, a part of me still looks at those scenes and says, "Nah, Laura wouldn't act like that."

And for me, therein lies the problem.  Because as good as JLB was as Laura, at the same time, you have to pretend that she is playing a new character, one that has almost no connection whatsoever to the past.  To put it another way: yes, she is Laura Horton, but she is Laura Horton "in name only."  The Laura Horton that Flannery played ceased to exist a long time ago. (That's not on JLB, by the way.  That's on JER.)

• Members

I'm sad that no Susan Flannery episodes have ever surfaced of DAYS because I'm really curious how she played her - of course, she was great as the cold matriarch on Bold and the Beautiful; a role that seemed almost tailor-made for her, on the other hand on Dallas she had no chemistry with Larry Hagman and was one of the worst parts of an otherwise good fourth season. It just makes me wonder what her chemistry with on DAYS was with the male actors? Plus, I always thought Laura was rather "soft" as opposed to the cold steely excellence of Stephanie Forrester (in her prime years), so I wonder if she could really pull it off? She was seemingly popular after all.