DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: FARAH FAWCETT'S U/5 APPEARANCE ON "DAYS"...EPISODE # 1230...SEPTEMBER 18, 1970

In just her second year of acting, in September 1970, Farrah Fawcett appeared in one scene of "Days of Our Lives" as Blonde U/5 with Ed Mallory (Bill) and Bill Hayes (Doug). Her character does get a full name in the dialogue: Diana Washburn. The character reminds Bill of Laura.

As sometimes would happen on the master telecast report, the person writing it would seem to just sound out the name, so that is why she is incorrectly spelled on the report as Fara Fosset.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Re Farrah. From Bill & Susan's book-

To me his most memorable conquest at Sergio’s was a gorgeous nineteen-year-old with natural blond hair that cascaded over her neck and shoulders. The blonde came on to Doug, introduced herself as Diana, Goddess of the Chase, and looked at him expectantly. At the piano, Bill Horton was left with his mouth open as Diana and Doug glided out into that hot September night with only one purpose in mind. The actress
was Farrah Fawcett, and in just five lines, her charisma and innocent sexuality had jingled every guy in the studio.

• Members

Last year there was a guy who uploaded several weeks of Aug. 1967 DAYS to YouTube. After about a month they all got pulled & he either stopped uploading or had his account pulled or something. 

But, I was able to see Julie #3, Susan Hunter & David Martin beginning with Julie telling her boyfriend David to marry her former best friend Susan because she's pregnant with his baby & the plan was that they would divorce later & David & Julie would get back together. That pregnancy turned out to be little Dickie who was being watched by David, supposedly, and who fell off the swing & broke his neck & died & Susan lost her mind & killed David & went on trial, and, this Bill Bell tale went on & on. That & Bill raping Laura are the two first stories I remember. 

So, right now I am doing what I call a Real Roman Project but right now I am fascinated with Marlena's 1991 hair!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Daily I am going to be continuing to upload full episodes of Classic DAYS in 1991 and in 1992. Rather than post one per day, or the like, I'm just going to let this notice suffice that if you are interested check my YT channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=donna+l.+bridges

What's up already includes the Jack recast shower scene stunt & the RKK as Bo reveal at Vivian's masked ball & the hilarious BTS of RKK & Rinna in Puerto Rico doing the "From Here to Eternity" beach scene for that primetime special & 2 examples of Deidre as Dexatrim spokesperson & the Australian Santa Barbara, oops, off-topic, scratch that. Well, you get the idea on the clips. The full epis are pretty great. 

• Members

That's the autographed photo she sent me back in 1991. Perhaps the exact one (with the autograph portion cropped out). A long time back, I think I saw her email on a casting website and asked her to confirm her birthday (not the year of course). She was one of the contract cast members I wasn't able to find a birthday for, so it was nice that she took the time to answer so I could add her to the birthday database. Of course, now that she's more famous, her birthday would be easier to find!

• Members

1991 Real Roman reveal: "John Black who thinks he's Roman" & Real Roman & Marlena with Shane helping. A doctor he has brought takes blood to do a DNA comparison with samples from Carolyn & Shawn. Isabella is pregnant & Bo knows but no one else. Everyone is confused. Everyone is frustrated. Only Marlena & Shane & John/Roman know of Real Roman's existence. He was a prisoner for 7 years & he is impatient to be reunited with his family. He tricks Bo into coming over. 

21:30 RealRoman: Hey, little brother ... Bo: This is impossible. Later, at the Fish Market, Bo has called a Family Meeting. 32:00 RealRoman walks in. All shocked. 1st Carolyn approaches him & puts her hands on his face & then gives him a huge hug. & then Pop, really sees that it is Roman & hugs him & is very excited & gregarious. John/Roman comes in the door & is immediately on guard. He turns around & leaves almost immediately. 

• Members

Producer of ‘Days of Our Lives reflects on his 11 years with show

By JERRY BUCK AP Television Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Al Rabin stood in the rear of the control room, one eye on the director talk - ing the actors through a scene by microphone, the other on a bank of monitors showing the results from the nearby sound stage. “Cue music,” said director Susan Simon. The music came up and actors Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso, rummaging through an attic set looking for family mementos, appeared on a half dozen screens. They were taping the NBC daytime soap opera “Days of Our Lives,” which will present its 5,000 th show Friday.

On Nov. 6, the serial will celebrate 20 years on the air. Miss Simon, one of the show’s four directors, stopped the action. She leafed through the script and said, “Let’s go, page 46.” They tried again and Reckell flubbed his line. Before she could start the scene again, producer Rabin interrupted. “Can you convey to them to play the scene with more joy and mirth’’” Miss Simon relayed the message. Earlier, in his second-floor office, overlooking a narrow studio street, Rabin had talked about how “Days of Our Lives” had changed since its debut in 1965. “The show started as a half hour and then expanded to an hour,” said Rabin, whose full beard is turning gray He joined the serial 11 years ago as a director and producer. As he talked a TV set with the volume turned down displayed a feed from the sound stage. "Things moved a lot slower in those days. They walked into the kitchen and sat and had tea and talked about what was happening with the family. When we first went to an hour we had seven actors and did about 11 scenes. That was nice, but it wouldn’t work today Now we have about 25 actors and do up to 30 scenes The pace is much faster and it has the look of an action-adventure show. “Before, it was talk, talk, talk The doorbell rings. It’s someone’s lover. The scene ends. Then a new scene and more talk, talk talk. Now, we’d switch back and forth between scenes. Keep it moving. We always have five or six stories going at once.

The audience may like one story and not another, but they will get a few stories every day that they like. “One thing has never changed,” Rabin said. “To me, what makes every show work is that there’s always a love story. Generally, a couple trying to get together, and the appeal of that couple and how they relate to the audience. The intensity they have with the show is to me directly relatable to the success of the show. How you make it work is at least 50 percent luck." Rabin walked over to the TV set and pointed to the screen. “That’s the Horton couple,” he said. “Frances Reid is now a matriarch. She’s been with the show from the beginning. So have Macdonald Carey (who plays her husband) and John Clarke (who plays their son).” Besides those actors, director Joe Behar and cameraman George Meyers have been with the show 20 years. Another couple appeared “That’s Bo and Hope, played by Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso,” Rabin said. “They’re just back from London, where they got married. They’re a hot young couple. We try to keep the feeling of family and romance and a love story. . . . “We’ve been lucky,” he continued. “We’ve had four or five hot love stories. Charles Shaughnessy came on as a day player. We saw something when he played with Patsy Pease. If you have ability, it’s to find that little moment. We showed the tape to the writers and they changed him from a bad guy to an undercover agent. They’ve been a huge success. Now our job is to keep them apart.

“John de Lancie came on as a psychopathic killer 3 years ago. He was only supposed to be on a few weeks. Now he’s an eccentric love interest who thinks he’s a psychopathic killer He’s comedy relief. This is the first soap I’ve been involved in that has a comic love story.”

One of the show’s hottest love stories was between Diedre Hall and Wayne Northrop, but Northrup left last year. Rabin said the audience refused to accept him. “Wayne was her second love on the show,” he said, “and it was a real struggle to get the audience to believe she could fall in love with a second guy.