DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Truth.  He definitely gives 100%.  There's a reason he's lasted so long.  He's just not a great actor, but I would rather watch him than GH's Julliard trained actors....just saying.  There is something serious to be said about someone that clearly loves their job.  He projects that in all his scenes.   Drake literally seems like a guy you want to have a beer with and that projects better than any acting skills.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John could still be Roman, you know?  Of course, that would leave the question: who is Roman?  But, we'd never find out, because JT's Roman would leave to learn the truth, never to be seen or heard from again. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

How would they not be his kids?  Maybe Isabella ran around, but I think the only options for Belle are John and Roman lol.  I would laugh if Saint Isabella had an affair on John and Brady wasn't his.  I have so many fond memories of John carrying babyBrady around like a football.

• Members

That's how and why the original Barnabas Collins story on Dark Shadows worked so well.  The overt supernatural and horror aspects were sparce at the beginning, grew slowly, and a lot of what was happening was implied or at least "played small." It was played straight rather than as camp, and the results were genuinely tense and creepy instead of coming across as STOOPID.

I'll lend you my taser, LOL.

To me, any story that allowed/encouraged DAYS to go full-blown camp and make the show a laughingstock is in my black book. I understand some fans enjoyed and appreciated the Possession, and that's fine, but it is literally the story that truly turned me off DAYS forever.

• Members

I remember liking Isabella and Jack's friendship.  I have a visceral hate for her character and I truly know she's not that bad-especially in rewatch.  I still think her and John were very rushed due to DH returning.  I don't think the character is awful, but I think it was a mistake to make her pregnant.  It stacked the odds so against John/Marlena.  Unless the affair was always the plan, which if so, good slow burn.  I just don't think Days had that foresight lol.

• Members

Well, as you know, we are complete opposites in that I loved John/Isabella, so I was thrilled with their having a baby. 

Please register in order to view this content

And, really? Marlena had great loves besides John, so John also loving another woman makes things relatively equal.

So there's one way to look at it, even if one is not fond of Isabella, maybe?

• Members

I will try to be objective here.  I always found Isabella* to be sanctimonious and obnoxious-pushing John to commit.  BUT in the scheme of things I have no problem with John having someone of his own that didn't love him because he was Roman.  I just thought the show really stacked the odds against Jarlena with her getting pregnant because you knew exactly what those two would do.  It took a lot of the suspense out of it, you know?  Obviously, it's of no consequence because she died and Jarlena have been together for like 1000 years.  I just don't think Days utilized the beats of that story.  John was 100% into Isabella and Marlena with Roman, and six months later they couldn't keep their hands off one another.  I don't hate John for being with Izzy B-I just thought she was a lame character lol

*Although her death scenes make me sob to this day.  It's so sad.

Edited by carolineg