Syfy Channel

applcin

• Members

So I've recently begun watching a number of shows on the Syfy channel, especially during the summer, when everything else was in reruns or off the air.

Warehouse 13 - been watching since it started. Really like it. The cast has great chemistry, the stories of the different artifacts and what effect they have is cool. I like when they take a famous or infamous item, real or made-up, and give it power, like Lizzie Borden's compact making someone want to kill with an axe. Look forward to the show's return.

Eureka - I actually didn't start watching this until the crossover a few months ago with Warehouse 13. Then I went online over the summer and crammed the first 3 seasons and then some into a few weeks viewing so I could catch up and watch the current episodes. Also really like this one a lot and anticipate its return.

Haven - I'm also enjoying this one. Wish they hadn't killed off the coroner lady, she was a good character. The daughter adds nothing to the show and is bland. But the stories are interesting.

Caprica - I'm not really a Battlestar Galactica fan. I mean, I watched the original with Lorne Greene but not the recent one so I was never really into it. But I thought, as a prequel, I didn't have to be too much into the mythology of BSG. Anyway, it's the first season, and I did watch the first half online since I just did it like a couple of weeks ago but I found myself ff-ing scenes and thinking that these people talk a lot over and over about the same things and stuff just drags on. And the "what the frack" stuff I'm finding just plain silly. Avatar Zoe being secretly in the robot's body for all those episodes...I was like, still??? And, for some reason, Esai Morales reminds me of George Lopez in his delivery. Not sure if I'm going to continue with this one.

BTW, I can see the irony of putting wrestling on Syfy, but I still wish it was somewhere else.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to LOVE WWE/WWF wrestling, but I just had to stop....wow what an embarrassment it is these days! I know it's never been real but wow...

I have so much memories about it. I used to be obsessed! I still play the games though...LOL. I save my allowance to buy them every year even though I don't watch anymore. I have the whole collection, :-D.

I don't really watch the SyFy channel...

• Members

Merlin is a fun, really good show. It is basically Smallville only they are working with King Athur and crew. Otherwise it is the exact same formular, episodic stories with the villain of the week, and running through it is a continuing sub plot that once or twice a year takes over an episode. The actors are good, it is child friendly, and I like it so much I don't wait for SyFy and watch it online a year early. Syfy wass showing season 2, I am watching season 3 online.

Archived