OLTL: TV Guide interview with Valentini & Carlivati

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those 2 and 3 year deal mean NOTHING! Other than ABC not wanting peeps to give up on the show.

All through i do think the worm has turned(Frons being the worm)and AMC is now the soap in danger.

FV at least knows how to cut costs , JHC hasn't got a CLUE. At this point OLTL is paying for it's self and GH's overruns.

• Members

In a way, I disagree, if only because sometimes it works better if you haven't decided for sure. I firmly believe, if not have read in print, that Donna Swajeski was still going back & forth on whether to make Vicky's baby Stephen Jamie's or Jake's & they decided it would be Jamie's at the 11th hour. It was clear from all the buildup with Jake & Marley threatening to take custody from Vicky and the Vicky/Marley rivalry that ensued from that, that they were leaning towards Jake for a while there and why not? There was TONS more story that could have been bled from that had it gone that way. But they ended up making Steven Jamie's, making their viewers happy, but still got a lot of mileage going that route, more than they probably even realized they would.

• Members

Oh wow!! I just realized that hack JHC is STILL the EP of AMC. If there's any EP in all of daytime that's needed to be gone in the past 7 years, (ding ding!) she's the one.

It's always boggled my mind that ALL of the sh!t that AMC has put out since she's been there has been solely blamed on their headwriter (McTrash, B&E, and Pratt to name some). Yet the show has been total crap for the better part of the decade & she's been the one constant exec behind the scenes there.

Coincidence? I think not!

Archived