OLTL: Joey Buchanan Cast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have not seen or heard anything about Mark Lawson leaving the show and Brody's role on the show isn't being minimized at all. He's on all the time. I don't think Brody is leaving or that Jessica is getting a new love interest.

• Members

I don't think Joey will ever be a major lead on the show again, not if Frons has any say, so this fits.

I liked Degnan on ATWT. I thought the role was poorly written but he did have some of the soulfulness which I would like to see in Joey. He's a slightly wooden actor though, in his line readings, and on most soaps today, younger actors are thrown in at the deep end, so I'm worried the same will happen here. I can't see him being great against Tognoni. I wonder if they are not going to go there now and if Josh Kelly's new character will be involved with her.

I also keep wondering if we're going to get some type of Joey/Rex fight...if Joey will go after Gigi.

I wish Degnan luck because he has a similar look - only with a less melted face - to the Edsels, and a lot of fans might take one look at him and go "enough."

I also can't see him having a lot of Joey's humor, but then, that pretty much left in 1995 anyway :(

• Members

They did have both Ford and James refer to Brody as "Crazy Cop" yesterday. Plus I think that Ford may end up being the father of Jess's baby. I think that TPTB might have been hinting that he is the father, with James speech about the baby being his child. And him needing to step up and raise the child.

Plus Ford seems concerned about Jessica and the baby. I wonder if they will end up getting rid of Brody's character or at least breaking up him and Jessica.

I could see that happening if Ford ends up being her baby's father and after Jessica finds out Brody slept with Natalie. Both of those things happen might be too much for Brody/Jessica to take and they may break up.

Maybe Brody will end up not being the father of either Jessica or Natalie's baby and they will get rid of his character. Even though originally I thought that Brody might end up the father of at least one of their babies if not possibly both.

• Members

to me it is pretty obvious that Ford and John are the fathers. I think they could get rid of Brody, I don't see Jess/Brody lasting, they are very boring and syrupy sweet IMHO, or that character Aubrey could be for Brody or maybe Marty.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Some mroe info courtesy of SID

Weeks after being cast as ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Joey -- only to days later have the soap announce that they'd rather see him in a different role -- daytime newcomer Josh Kelly at last has a character name! A show rep confirms that Kelly will be playing Cutter, and will be involved in the Joey/Kelly/Aubrey story. Look for the hunk to make his soap debut at the end of the year. On a related note, Tom Degnan (Adam, AS THE WORLD TURNS) first airs as Joey Buchanan on Wednesday, November 24, and Terri Colombino (Katie, ATWT) follows as Aubrey on Monday, November 29.

Archived