OLTL: Joey Buchanan Cast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad they didn't cast some 40 year old actor to play Joey. That's why I balked at the idea of Daniel Cosgrove taking over the role. The character shouldn't be gauged by Nathan Fillion (who, himself, was too old for the character...but pulled it off because at the time he could pass as younger.) I'm fine with Joey being seen as 30-35. Much as I like Dan Gauthier, a nearly fifty-year old actor playing a character who was born in 1976 doesn't set too right with me either.

• Members

The best part of the story was they avoided the sensationalistic route and made it into a genuine love story. Sadly the show gave up on that very quickly, as Joey was pushed into the deadly dull story with Kelly, and most of the time since they don't want to talk about what he had with Dorian. When Jeffcoat came along they just treated his relationship with Dorian as something to be embarrassed by, and he looked totally unbelievable as someone she would be interested in. He was so miscast. I remember the scenes like wooden Elisabeth Rohm being shocked to see him in a towel. Looking back I wonder if Carlivati wrote that episode...

• Members

I'm probably alone in this but I've never been very interested in Viki's two sons. I always got the impression that the show never really knew what to do with them despite them being a part of the show's core family. I was annoyed everytime they had them getting involved with one of the Cramer women, as if that was the only direction for them to take. I'm hoping for something different with them this time but I don't think we're going to see different. They'll just be thrown amidst the Cramer women once again. Not looking forward to a Dorian/Joey redux either, if that's where they're headed.

• Members

I get the feeling that either one or both of these actors will be hired to play roles somewhere down the road. Brody Hutzler as the brother that Gigi (nor Stacy) ever mentioned, or perhaps he could be brought in to play that illegitimate son that we know former drunk Charlie has out there somewhere. Austin Peck as a recast for Dr. Michael McBain maybe?

• Members

There's been nothing said about Dorian/Joey, besides a few of us talking about the past. I think you can trust that that will never happen again.

I think Kevin and Joey were great characters when the show actually was run by people who knew how to write family drama. Only when the show started really falling apart in the late 90s did that change.

• Members

That's the problem on relying on the almighty "core" status to make characters work. It doesn't. The Buke boys always screwing the Cramer women doesn't become entertaining just because they're core characters. They still seem like a bunch of incestuous hillbillies.

• Members

The main reason they even stuck Joey with Kelly the last time around was because every relationship Kelly had been in (Ian, Drew, Max) was a big flop and they wanted to try to use Joey to make her look better and also to cuckold Joey. It became about poor Kelly stuck with this chump while she pines for real man Kevin.

When Joey returned in 2003 he stayed away from the Cramer women, but unfortunately his stories weren't any better.

I'm not even sure who Joey would work with of the women currently on the canvas, as they are collectively wretched. Rachel is gone, Layla is gone, Talia is gone. Joey/Gigi? Joey/Inez? Joey/Kelly? Bleh.

I would say try Joey/Tea, but you know that's not going to happen.

Archived